Career/Education/Age?

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

cedric wrote:Yep, that's me...I am so smart, S, M, R, T!

Humour is lost on the internet...
Nice. [sarcastic]Can I quote you?[/sarcastic]

bambam
User
User

Post by bambam »

Hello Fellow Riders,
I'm 32 and have been in sales for 9 years. I am currently a consultant for an office and computer supply company called Corporate Express. Corporate Express was just ranked in the Globe and Mail as the 29th BEST company to work for in Canada. Pretty sweet!! My schedule is very flexible so riding during the week is always an option.
Mike :cheers:
02 KTM520EXC

stubble_jumper16
Journalist
Journalist

Post by stubble_jumper16 »

Hi guys, I just turned the big 40 :crazy: last month. I'm a systems operator, and work in the Information Technologies Field at the UofC.

Dave

greenmachine
User
User

Post by greenmachine »

Hi, I'm 28 and a sales rep for Frito-Lay Canada .

rooster
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by rooster »

I"m 43 years old, own and manage an auto repair shop specializing in German and Japanese cars-14 years in business and 11 employees- 2 kids and a wonderful wife,Pres of the club (RMDRA) and working on land issues(with AOHVA and SRD),off-road director for the ADRA and training for a championship season this year!!- I just hope I can find something to do with my spare time this year!! :banana:
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY HOURS YOU PUT IN. IT MATTERS WHAT YOU PUT IN THE HOURS!!!

chucker
Journalist
Journalist

Post by chucker »

I'm no spring chicken anymore at 32 years of age, somedays I feel like i'm 80 :blush: . I have been in the auto industry for almost 15 years, graduated from SAIT, and have been with Honda for 6 years. I can honestly say they make a good product. There's a reason where there are so many on the road.

I am looking forward to riding next year! :cheers:
Speed kills. Live forever. Ride a Yamaha.

2007 KTM 450 exc
2003 V-Strom 1000
1977 Yamaha XT 500
1973 Honda Z50

RoachToast
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RoachToast »

Spent my whole life other than the last 9 months in the Calgary area. Spent 4 1/2 years getting a BA in Psychology at the UofL (but really was a degree in BS, if you know what I mean). That didn't pan out and in retrospect was a big waste of time and money. Then 1 year going for a B-Ed After degree at UofC and realized I didn't want to teach. Finally, graduated from SAIT with a 2 year diploma in Computer Technology. I've worked as a software developer for the last 8 years at various companies, currently in the US (Utah). I'm 38 years old and have been riding since I was 14.

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

who?

Post by thumper-darryl »

I am a 50+year old avid dirt biker. I have a background in welding, electronics, and auto. repair. I currently operate an automotive repair shop, and also work with Quads & Sleds. I have been riding dirt bikes for 39 years, about 30 of those competing in x-country, H-S and trials. In my spare time I am the Central AB trails representative for the AOHVA. spending vast amounts of time representing off-road motorcyclists in land access negotiations.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

RoachToast wrote:Spent my whole life other than the last 9 months in the Calgary area. Spent 4 1/2 years getting a BA in Psychology at the UofL (but really was a degree in BS, if you know what I mean). That didn't pan out and in retrospect was a big waste of time and money. Then 1 year going for a B-Ed After degree at UofC and realized I didn't want to teach. Finally, graduated from SAIT with a 2 year diploma in Computer Technology. I've worked as a software developer for the last 8 years at various companies, currently in the US (Utah). I'm 38 years old and have been riding since I was 14.

Why do you say it was BS?? Just because of what I hear I think I knwo what your talking about. I have been trying to persaude a good friend (past g/f)into switching her schooling but she won't listen to me and I don't want to inform her parents about it (their both deaf). Makes me look bad I guess, but in the end maybe she'll realize.

Rooster do you deal with older German cars?? I have a hobby with old water cooled VW and have a mk1 sitting at home unforetunatly for the past 2 years. Its in reasonably great shape and has lots done to it, just don't have the space to bring it up here (Calgary) and work on it.
03 Honda XR650R Dualsported

Rackman
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Rackman »

Turning 40 this year, might buy something shiny and orange for a small mid life crises. I have a NAIT diploma that would have allowed me to count beans if I had pursued it. I manage a company, Waymarc Industries, that distributes storage products, shelving, Racking, bins and other great Garage goodies... oops is that spamming :devil: We were just voted as the number one company in Calgary. :banana: OK! OK! I Just made that up...

Jamie

rooster
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by rooster »

I only deal with very good older cars or cars people are willing to fix properly-no old junk!-- Our specialty is the newer late model cars, we are more up to date with scan test tools,tech training,and the latest model tools than anyone in southern Alta!
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY HOURS YOU PUT IN. IT MATTERS WHAT YOU PUT IN THE HOURS!!!

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Shibby! wrote:
RoachToast wrote:Spent my whole life other than the last 9 months in the Calgary area. Spent 4 1/2 years getting a BA in Psychology at the UofL (but really was a degree in BS, if you know what I mean). That didn't pan out and in retrospect was a big waste of time and money. Then 1 year going for a B-Ed After degree at UofC and realized I didn't want to teach. Finally, graduated from SAIT with a 2 year diploma in Computer Technology. I've worked as a software developer for the last 8 years at various companies, currently in the US (Utah). I'm 38 years old and have been riding since I was 14.

Why do you say it was BS?? Just because of what I hear I think I knwo what your talking about. I have been trying to persaude a good friend (past g/f)into switching her schooling but she won't listen to me and I don't want to inform her parents about it (their both deaf). Makes me look bad I guess, but in the end maybe she'll realize.

Rooster do you deal with older German cars?? I have a hobby with old water cooled VW and have a mk1 sitting at home unforetunatly for the past 2 years. Its in reasonably great shape and has lots done to it, just don't have the space to bring it up here (Calgary) and work on it.
My wife received her degree in phsycology from U of L in 2000 and after being unable to find a job she became a financial planner. She is now back in school getting degree that may actually get her work in her chosen field. Unless you are going ot go all the way with Phsycology and get your doctorate it is borderline a waste of money (hopefully mommy and daddy's).

KTMpilot
Writer
Writer

Post by KTMpilot »

I'm 35 years old and am a Corporate Pilot for Syncrude Canada in Fort McMurray, AB. I have'nt met most of you people but was hoping to meet at Pub night in December and did'nt recognize anyone and left. I used to ride lots with Todd and Brad and Tom but moved up north last year. Fortunately I get tons of time off and plan to come to Calgary to ride often this summer.
Look forward to meeting you all! Kevin.

Bushpilot
User
User

G'day from Ontario

Post by Bushpilot »

Hey

Just a bike crazy lad with Alberta on his mind.
Peering through this looking glass to inspect the motorcycle scene three doors over...

22yrs
Attended school for the precision trades (Machining) and a registered Machinist/Pattern Maker Apprentice.
Currently employed by a local manufacturer as 'Process Analyst'.
My father recently moved to Edmonton (St. Albert) and I am seriously considering joining him.

Any input regarding career opportunities welcome

Thanks and look forward to some high speed bench racing

Patty

P.S. Any Helicoptor pilots or Professional Divers out there?
87' Can Am 250ASE
00' Honda XR650R

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

I am 35, but I act like I am 18 and more often than not I feel like I am 70 :D After university (UVIC, BSc)) I worked on the rigs for 2.5 years throwing the tongs around. Then I started working in the marketing/trading side of the biz for TransCanada Energy, then to AEC which turned into Encana and now I am at Suncor. I have been trading natural gas for about 8 years now.

I used to ski, I used to golf until I started riding the dirt saws 2 years ago..... and now I am found! 2 wheels....its my drug!!!!

We have an awesome club with an awesome community of riders....proud to be part of it! :canada:

:cheers: