All Valuables removed Placard

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
absurveyor
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

All Valuables removed Placard

Post by absurveyor »

I saw this on last weeks guided ride and thought it was a good idea. Here is the AMA link to get yours. It may prevent them from even trying.

http://www.ama.ab.ca/cps/rde/xchg/ama/w ... m?link=tsr
'If you can't be fast at least look cool"- Absurveyor circa 1992

Rod
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: All Valuables removed Placard

Post by Rod »

That must have been on my vehicle.

I had mine left on my windshield over the winter at my parking spot one day (all the cars had them), I didn't know you could order them. Thanks for the info! I like it because it has the police logo (or RCMP, I can't remember).

I'm very paranoid and always lock things up out at he staging areas. We had one theft a few years ago, and i've also had a car stolen once (in Vancouver, the last day of my vacation). Having stuff stolen, even if you have insurance is a real crappy feeling and not to mention a very big PITA in most cases. Both times i wish i had done more to deter the a-holes who figured they'd rather be a leech on society.

Anyhow, I'm not sure if it will make a difference or not, but I've decided it can't hurt!

A few things I do, yes you can call me paranoid:

1. Always lock the bike onto the trailer, unless I'm driving straight home or to the ride. I've heard of bike getting pulled from the back of a truck while the owner ran into a store to buy something or pay for gas.
2. Always carry my phone and wallet with me on my ride, and don't bring anything else (to be left in the vehicle) that I care about.
3. Leave my wedding ring and good watch at home (can you imagine loosing a gift that is not replaceable?). It's not pleasant.
4. I have a trailer, so I use a locking pin or padlock to ensure the trailer can't be removed from the vehicle. Trailers are very hard to trace.

:cheers:

Rod
'13 KTM 250 xc