An option for Orange!?!?

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

Yea, I imagine the stuff is nice, but for the extra money, how often do you use the "things" you got with your bike? Ex. Pen? Case?

I wouldn't buy a bike for the extra's =) I just like the fact that most (all?) japanese bike manufactures toss in a extra rebuild kit with their bikes. Something you WILL use! =)

JMO. I have checked out two KTM's, a 250 SX, and a 200SX, both nice bikes but I got a deal on the RM that I couldn't refuse! Not to mention it got best 250 of the year and has for the past 3. (not that it makes any difference to me and my skill level, but still nice)

Its like streetbikes, their all so good and so far ahead of 99% of the riders skill level, so basically you just pick which one you like best, or in my case, could get the best deal.
03 Honda XR650R Dualsported

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

extras

Post by DirtGirl »

I am not talking extras as in the pen/case/jets......KTM's come stock with parts and goodies that the Jap bikes don't. ie steel braided brake lines etc :cheers:
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Re: extras

Post by Shibby! »

DirtGirl wrote:I am not talking extras as in the pen/case/jets......KTM's come stock with parts and goodies that the Jap bikes don't. ie steel braided brake lines etc :cheers:
I figured that was something you were considering.... BUT i won't get into this discussion cause I'll argue the other side to death, :cripple:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Isn't Suzuki the only manufacturer to pay contingency to winning racers in Canada?

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

I think Kawasaki backs their racers very well also. Or so I hear/read.

Won't see me winning any moto-x so it doesn't matter!

Got a chance to try the Drumheller track and that thing is a death trap. I would do table top jumps, but those "jumps" are suicide if you come up short.

We got a chance to watch a guy on a YZ-125 do a few laps and he was pretty impressive considering he's was only wearing a bunnyhug and jeans..

Either way, I am way off topic.

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

stuff

Post by thumper-darryl »

This sounds like 2 little kids in a playground--"my dad is tougher than your dad" "my bike is better than your bike" Silly youngsters.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Re: stuff

Post by Shibby! »

thumper-darryl wrote:This sounds like 2 little kids in a playground--"my dad is tougher than your dad" "my bike is better than your bike" Silly youngsters.
I didn't know we were argueing. I think we were just discussing stuff..