Snowmobile Weekend

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
Trudy
Writer
Writer

Snowmobile Weekend

Post by Trudy »

So our first pub night was a success, especially for such short notice. Well I had fun anyways.....not so much the next day. Charles would agree. :crybaby:
But we came up with a good idea, you get rather creative when alcohol is involved. We were thinking we should do a snowmobile trip to Revelstoke one weekend. Everyone was into it on Saturday night....like I said alcohol was involved. In fact Bambam proposed we go the next morning, yeah have another one buddy.

I think we would need someone who is experienced and could be a guide for the day. And knows a good place to rent sleds. Any volunteers??

So lets see who all is interested and when would be a good weekend. Maybe the week after New Years?

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Trudy, you're doing the social director thing already. :cheers:

rooster
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by rooster »

Go Trudy Go!!- Trudy for social director !!!:banana:
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY HOURS YOU PUT IN. IT MATTERS WHAT YOU PUT IN THE HOURS!!!

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Re: Snowmobile Weekend

Post by MtnBlue »

Trudy wrote:So our first pub night was a success, especially for such short notice. Well I had fun anyways.....not so much the next day. Charles would agree. :crybaby:
But we came up with a good idea, you get rather creative when alcohol is involved. We were thinking we should do a snowmobile trip to Revelstoke one weekend. Everyone was into it on Saturday night....like I said alcohol was involved. In fact Bambam proposed we go the next morning, yeah have another one buddy.

I think we would need someone who is experienced and could be a guide for the day. And knows a good place to rent sleds. Any volunteers??

So lets see who all is interested and when would be a good weekend. Maybe the week after New Years?
I've got contacts in Revy that could set this up. Maybe I'll have a new replacement truck by then or an 87' Hundai Pony faded red with the missing gas cap cover. It will be one or the other. :bonk:

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

sledding

Post by thumper-darryl »

It just so happens that I am an avid sledder, and alternate winter weekends between sledding and biking. A RMDRA sledding weekend can be arranged. We would be much better off going to crowsnest pass. More suitable riding for rookies, less traffic, and good access to rental sleds.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

W.F.O
Contributor
Contributor

Post by W.F.O »

A sled trip would be rad. Crowsnest is a good idea. Little closer too. But revelstoke rules!!! There is WAY more snow, couple decent pubs at night and good terrain for all level riders. Just make sure you go when it isn't socked in or you won't be seeing anything. For sleds talk to Mark Shaede @ Revelstoke Snowmobile Tours. 250-837-5200 He'll hook you up. Stoke friggin' rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Noel
Last edited by W.F.O on Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Birdman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Birdman »

Man I miss sledding, I only ride about once a year now since moving to Cowtown. Just can't get excited to drive for hours on end when I used to ride right out the backdoor. :banghead: My last steed was a 97 ZRT800 with a Cutler 1132 big bore kit and pretty much anything i could bolt on her. :cripple: a rental trip sounds like fun. :applause:
Back to 4 wheels
Raptor 700R SE

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

hoppy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by hoppy »

In the past I have rented from the "Inn on the Border"

It is located on the Alberta/BC border, HA!! hence the name :crazy:

They are fairly resonable and have never had any problems. ( like when I hit a 10 ft drop off and cracked some plastic here and there) along with my face on the windshield!!!!! :cripple:

Trudy quit laughing. :D

I'm in for a sledding trip :banana:
'07 KTM XC-W
Ride hard or stay home !!

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Woohoo!! Count another one in! And, I'm sure someone's gonna bring along a snowboard and maybe some pull behind water toys for the stoopid human tricks!

Cheers! :banana: :banana: :banana:
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

BigD
Writer
Writer

Post by BigD »

If my brother will let me steal his sled for the weekend I would be in for sure. I have been to Revy and Golden a few times and they are just a blast.

Looks like they have some decent snow in Revy already!

Revy1

Revy2
Last edited by BigD on Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KTM 250 xcfw #53

W.F.O
Contributor
Contributor

Post by W.F.O »

I was in Revy on Nov.11 wkend and probed in the alpine to find shoulder height base. They've had lots more since then as well. Bring your shovels! BRAAAAAPPPP!!!

bambam
User
User

Post by bambam »

This sounds soooo awesome, Good job Trudy, I'm game to go anywhere!! Let me know time and place and I'll be there.
02 KTM520EXC

Trudy
Writer
Writer

Post by Trudy »

Well it certainly sounds like we have enough interest. I was thinking of a weekend in Jan 14-15, 21-22, or 28-29. What would everyone prefer

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

Sounds like fun...have to check the schedule though.
_______
Glenn.
2018 KTM 250 XC
2015 Beta 300RR
2013 KTM 450XC-W
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"