superman suits

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
Brenan225
Journalist
Journalist

superman suits

Post by Brenan225 »

I was in Bow Cycle today and I saw that they have about 4 different kinds of protective suits, the kind that have all the pads sewn on to a mesh coat. Does anybody have one of these or know anybody that rides with one? Thumpertalk has a positive review of one but I was looking for a more local opinion.
Resist, Insist,and Persist

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I think crazy2wheeler has a RockGardn unit that he might comment on.

He looks like a football quarterback on his 300 when he wears it. :D

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

dirtyboy wrote:I think crazy2wheeler has a RockGardn unit that he might comment on.

Does it come with a cape?? :D

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

MtnBlue wrote:
dirtyboy wrote:I think crazy2wheeler has a RockGardn unit that he might comment on.

Does it come with a cape?? :D
Nah, that cape I had to sew on myself!! (actually, I had my mom sew it on for me - she's so proud of me!)

I do have the rockgardn unit - I think it ROCKS!! I still have a traditional protector, but much prefer this - it give far greater protection that the traditional style units. I did a LOT of research before I bought this unit. The Dainese stuff is still regarded as the cadilac, but it's also very expensive. I have only the upper body - a the time I bought the unit, I don't think Rockgardn was making a full body suit. I've only hurt my upper leg (badly enough to complain!) once from a crash, and I'm not sure if I'd wanna wear the girdle all the time under moto pants....

Cheers! :banghead:
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

Kwi-Chang
Writer
Writer

Post by Kwi-Chang »

I bought an EVS Ballistic upper body unit with built in kidney belt a few years back. I liked the idea of putting one piece of equipment on - zip up and you are ready. I found it to be a bit uncomfortable around the neck and at the waist line. I ended up pulling the stitching out and removing the the kidney belt which made it better (I could position the belt as needed). I use it occasionally but I have a riding Jacket with built in protection and a Fox full size chest protector as well. I choose what gear I am going to use based on weather and where I'm riding at the time.

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

What's with the big "Symbolic Sport" ad in many of the recent threads? RMDRA isn't an ebay site!!! :confused:
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

crazy2wheeler wrote:What's with the big "Symbolic Sport" ad in many of the recent threads? RMDRA isn't an ebay site!!! :confused:
Deleted. It was obvious spamming on our board.