Lake Lousie "real" Ski Report

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Lake Lousie "real" Ski Report

Post by Spinalguy »

Opening Day Nov 11th.

A major mistake of the resort was committed by only opening the front side. The advertised base of 100cms must have been in a box sheltered from the winds and rain. There was only ONE run from the top of every lift to the bottom. The mountain needs a lot more snow for the front to be skiable. But....they are using all snowmaking equiptment to prepare the World Cup DH course and when that is over they can spread the snow around the front side.
Summit was open but only one run down (outer limits). The snow was very good but thinned out as you made your way back to the lift.

i heard Sunshine was outstanding but i do not care for that resort so, i await for Louise to get very good.

Thursday Nov 17 (6 days after opening).
i brought the rock skis again and made my way up summit to try out the backside that had been open since late Staurday.
Go big or go home! My first run was Chute B. Unbelievable!!! Snow was deep and choppy up top but wonderful once you entered the bowl 1/3 of the way down. No ROCKS because there is soooo much snow.
i than travelled up Paradise to do a Shoulder2/3 run. Nice up top but badly windblown near the bottom. No rocks!
Back to Paradise to try a Paradise cruiser...WOW! Tons of snow, no rocks and wonderful lines because of lack of moguls in the early season.
Back to Chute B....nice and steep.
Back to Paradise to try ER6. Now for those in the 'loop' ER6 is the argueably the steepest that Louise has to offer. NORMALLY it never opens until late in the season. To be opened in the first week, i had my concerns but gladly had my rock skis.
How good was ER6? So good that i immediately went back and did it again!!!!! It was better this day than ANY day last year.

i am going back this Sunday and bringing my GOOD skis as there is so much snow backside of all runs behind Summit and Paradise.

Tom :blah:
Last edited by Spinalguy on Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Thanks for posting that Tom. Now half of Calgary is going to show up. I kept missing you by minutes at the platter. At one point I could see you up ahead on the lift. Anyway Sunshine is way better, everyone should go there :rolleyes:

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Awesome report Tom. It is looking like a promising year!!! :banana:

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Dobi wrote:Awesome report Tom. It is looking like a promising year!!! :banana:
When are you ready to start the season Mike?
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

When are you ready to start the season Mike?[/quote]

I should be able to start around Christmas. I have a few commitments that were made before I knew there was going to be such a spectacular start to the season :bonk:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Spinalguy,

You heading up on Thursday again?

:cheers:

Novo
Writer
Writer

Post by Novo »

great update Tom!

Hopefully another dump arrives before the building base in the chutes is scraped off by those learning how to ski a fall line!
Have you heard if maintenance has solved paradise lift's tensioner issues?

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

dirtyboy wrote:Spinalguy,

You heading up on Thursday again?

i am not going up, celebrating American Thanksgiving.
With this weather, you are probablly riding :banana: