Stones Concert

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Stones Concert

Post by Spinalguy »

A buddy of mine is the caterer to the Stones tour. Besides personally taking care of Mick and the boys, he and his crew of Chefs feed 500 others on tour with the Stones.
i got in touch with him and he invited my bro, my wife and myself down to the show.
We arrived to be greeted with backstage passes. We got to eat from an awesome buffet that was prepared for the band and crew. We were in the crew room, not the band room. :D
We went to our seats which were second row on the front/side of the stage. There were a couple runways there that would allow Mik to pretty much be within spitting distance. Ironically, at one point Mik sprayed his water bottle all over us. We were that close.
i snuck my camera in to get some pics BUT we were so close that security was everywhere looking at the crowd. i took all kinds of STEALTH pics with the camera hanging out my coat sleeve. i don't shoot with flash and i was smart enough to turn off the orange beam. Unfortunately, i only got 2 OK pics. i wish we were about 5 rows back away from the wandering eyes of security.
They played 21 songs. Only 1 that Keith Richards did was from a current album. The latest song they did was Start Me Up. All otheres were predated to all the classics.
They ROCK! For guys in their 60's, they had lots of energy and really enjoyed themselves.
These pics were shot with no zoom:

You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com