Nov 3 ?? Thread hijacked by early season skiers

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
knuckle
Writer
Writer

Post by knuckle »

Ha Ha thats great. When we moved last year my wife put her foot down and I threw out all my skis except for 4 pairs. Here is what I kept and what hit the trash.

Kept:

1) Late 60's vintage Head Radials with Marker bindings. (My fathers and in great shape)
2)Head HRP's from the early 70'2. (Father bought em the same year I was born). They are Purple.
3)Rossignol 4S (Rock skis, oh yes the Teal ones.)
4)K2 Mod X 195's. My ski.

Trash:

205 Dynamic VR27 equipe (famous from the movie Hotdog)
195 K2 712's
205 Dynastar GS somethings
200 Kneissel White stars
205 Olin SLs or something (A very tough ski, Saw me through 2 years of patroling over 300 days.)

and some other odds and ends singles.
04 KTM300 EX/C.
04 KTM525 EX/C. gone!

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Ha ha.

That's quite a collection. I never build up that many as I have broken a lot of skis and a board or 2.

The Olins never broke though.

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

I've worked part time for a Rossi shop in Banff for the last 10 years(we get a staff order every year), my collection of skiis is, well, in a word................stupid. I took 5 pairs to the ski swap this year, sold 3, that leaves me with 12 pairs :bonk:

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

MtnBlue wrote:
Spinalguy wrote:i just noticed that the pics i linked to are "live"
That is wierd

Got my rock skis ready.
Yep, got a pair of 190 CMH "local" Volkl Explosiv's. When you clip a rock you can hear them clank the bases are so hard
I've got a 164cm Ride Mountain series board that has more p-tex filler than original base that is staring me down everytime I step in the garage.

Tom, those live links to the cameras are awesome. :crazy:

rooster
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by rooster »

I still have my 224cm Fischer RC4 race skiis! and they were great fun, had to be careful of other people because those skis are only fun at high speeds-MY FAVORITE! - they were an old pair of Ken Reids and the shortest ski I have been on since I last skied in 98/99 would be my 205 Fischer slalom- I would like to try some of the new skiis and gear but have so much invested into bike riding and have come to love winter studded riding!! - :excuse: Guess I will just keep riding as I dream of riding almost constantly still.Even at my age!! :banana:
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY HOURS YOU PUT IN. IT MATTERS WHAT YOU PUT IN THE HOURS!!!

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

I dream of riding almost constantly still
Couldnt agree more. My Rossi 4G were my favorite skis ever. But I find my heart rate going through the roof everytime I think about riding.

2 wheels....its a drug! :cheers:

knuckle
Writer
Writer

Post by knuckle »

rooster wrote:I still have my 224cm Fischer RC4 race skiis! and they were great fun, had to be careful of other people because those skis are only fun at high speeds-MY FAVORITE! - they were an old pair of Ken Reids and the shortest ski I have been on since I last skied in 98/99 would be my 205 Fischer slalom- I would like to try some of the new skiis and gear but have so much invested into bike riding and have come to love winter studded riding!! - :excuse: Guess I will just keep riding as I dream of riding almost constantly still.Even at my age!! :banana:
You have got to try a wide all-mountain ski like a Bandit XXX on a powder day at Castle or Whitehorn. On the right equipment when Mother nature smiles and dumps 30cm+ skiing may be better than than biking :devil:
04 KTM300 EX/C.
04 KTM525 EX/C. gone!

Novo
Writer
Writer

Post by Novo »

Its great to see a pre ski season thread on the forum :applause:

Both sports end your day with a supperb ear to ear adrenalin grin :party:

I may have to pickup a second pair of boot warmers for the MOTOX gear :excuse: ... froze my toes to many times over the years!

Rooster, you would be amazed at how well the new skis perform ... think of your old `1970's dirt bike vs your current ride ... and add 20%

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

knuckle wrote:
rooster wrote:I still have my 224cm Fischer RC4 race skiis! and they were great fun, had to be careful of other people because those skis are only fun at high speeds-MY FAVORITE! - they were an old pair of Ken Reids and the shortest ski I have been on since I last skied in 98/99 would be my 205 Fischer slalom- I would like to try some of the new skiis and gear but have so much invested into bike riding and have come to love winter studded riding!! - :excuse: Guess I will just keep riding as I dream of riding almost constantly still.Even at my age!! :banana:
You have got to try a wide all-mountain ski like a Bandit XXX on a powder day at Castle or Whitehorn. On the right equipment when Mother nature smiles and dumps 30cm+ skiing may be better than than biking :devil:
My wife has a pair of Bandit's and finds them such a great ski that she can challenge herself way more than she ever could on the pre-parabolic planks :buttkick:

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Roster,
i too have some 1982 World Cup Fisher RC4 223 DH skis.
i get on them once a year, early in the a.m. from the top of summit to the base lodge.

i threw out never before mounted 210's(2 pairs) and 212's and mounted 210, 212, 215, 205's last year as i never imagined that todays SHORT skis (some 184 and 178's i use) are FASTER and as STABLE as all my 205+ skis.
Speeds are incredible on them. The steeper the chute, the better.

Tom :cheers:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Post by cedric »

And to think, all they had to do to get such great skis was pick up any snowboard and think about it for a minute. Us snowboarders have been carving for 20 years now!

That ought to garner some comments from the 2-plankers. :devil:

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

cedric wrote:And to think, all they had to do to get such great skis was pick up any snowboard and think about it for a minute. Us snowboarders have been carving for 20 years now!

That ought to garner some comments from the 2-plankers. :devil:
I'll start.......How does a snowboarder introduce himself/herself to a skier?? Sorry Dude

chucker
Journalist
Journalist

Post by chucker »

Yup, I got taken out by a boarder last year, he was heelside and cut right in front of me. And what's with sliding down the hard stuff, scraping the snow off the runs?? 2 planks are better than 1.

Flame on...
Speed kills. Live forever. Ride a Yamaha.

2007 KTM 450 exc
2003 V-Strom 1000
1977 Yamaha XT 500
1973 Honda Z50

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Dobi wrote:I've got a 164cm Ride Mountain series board that has more p-tex filler than original base that is staring me down everytime I step in the garage.
How do you get the ptex to stay in that much? The ptex usually drops out or wears faster than the rest of the base on my board. :confused:
Last edited by dirtyboy on Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

W.F.O
Contributor
Contributor

Post by W.F.O »

You guys should check out Salomon Pocket Rockets or Line Motherships. 97mill. underfoot. I ski them in the park and all over the mountain. Dad loves 'em too. You can run over just about anything, trees, bushes, knuckledraggers, what ever might be in your way. And, being twin tipped, do it backwards too. People look twice when you fly past them switch. Snowboarding is alright. But......please don't get me going about snowblades or spandees. See ya'll in the POW!!!