Chainsaw question?

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Chainsaw question?

Post by MtnBlue »

After sunday's ride I've been thinking about getting a chainsaw. Lots of blow down on some great trails that could be cleared in few minutes with a decent chainsaw. Anybody have some suggestions? Looking for something that you could strap on your back (so something not too big, but that will still do the job)

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

chainsaw

Post by thumper-darryl »

Any small 10-12 in saw will do. I use to carry a 12 in poulan on a metal back-pack frame. The only make I have seen that are poor in McCullock, thay do not like to be carried & bounced around. Or better yet a good quality sawsall also works great, and is easier to carry. Good 18 V with spare battery will cut a ton of trees.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

I carry a hand operated style chainsaw from Canadian Wholesale sports(any camping store has them), but there was way too much blow down to use a manual saw and still enjoy the ride. WR Dave. :crazy: :banghead: :crybaby:
" Old Canadian Tire Supercycle 12 speed Mountain Bike " Good call Porschev !!

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Yeah me too. I'd still be out there cutting away at Mclean. One section of singletrack, you couldn't even tell if you were on or near the trail, trees were snapped off 30' up :eek: