where does everyone buy thier parts from?

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
DIRTTV
Journalist
Journalist

where does everyone buy thier parts from?

Post by DIRTTV »

I buy from:

Walt Healeys
Mountain Toys in Cochrane
A and E in brooks

Just wondering if anyone in the offroad community uses Blackfoot.

I have never seen any support from them at any XC or HS event.

Is this true?

Thanks,

Doug :confused:

DIRTTV
Journalist
Journalist

Post by DIRTTV »

I dont mean any disrespect to Blackfoot I am just wondering do alot of people shop there?

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

I do because I have a few good contacts left there and it's very conveniant for me. Any savings that I get from going elsewhere is used up in gas to get there and back. I also regularly shop at Walt's and sometimes Seitzco in Okotoks. Most of my riding group shops there for the same reasons. Not all of us race so we don't see whose involved in the off-road community. Personally I'd like to see Honda,Yamaha,etc. of Canada get involved in saving our outdoor riding areas. Loss of areas figures into loss of offroad sales.WR Dave.
Last edited by WR_Dave on Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" Old Canadian Tire Supercycle 12 speed Mountain Bike " Good call Porschev !!

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I shop mostly at Walt Healy, however I have been know to go to Blackfoot for tires and clothing. Where else can you go and find all the sizes in stock to try on so that you get the right size. But I'd rather shop elsewhere.

I also go to GW Cycle sometimes for my Honda needs. :D

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Bowridge Cochrane (closest for me), then Walt's, Blackfoot for tires

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

dirtyboy wrote:I also go to GW Cycle sometimes for my Honda needs. :D
Hondas have needs???? :D

Glenn
_______
Glenn.
2018 KTM 250 XC
2015 Beta 300RR
2013 KTM 450XC-W
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

Post by DirtGirl »

WR_Dave wrote: Personally I'd like to see Honda,Yamaha,etc. of Canada get involved in saving our outdoor riding areas. Loss of areas figures into loss of offroad sales.WR Dave.
Recently the big four manufacturers have joined forces in a group called the Rainbow Coalition. If I am not mistaken they contributed a decent amount of money that I belive employs an individual to lobby full time on our behalf. Not sure what all is going on with that group right now but Thumper-Daryl might again be able to shed more light.

L
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

DEALER SUPPORT

Post by thumper-darryl »

MMIC (motorcycle,& moped industry council) which is funded by the manufacturers, has been contributing a fairly substantial amount of funds to the CCAS(Canada Coalition for Access & Stewardship) We have a full time person working on access issues throughout AB & BC because of these funds. This is a national innitiative, but we need local support from local dealers to help fund our programs to save our local riding areas. The AB access fight is spearheaded by the AOHVA(under CCAS) with major support from a couple of clubs, & individuals. RMDRA is a major part of the Calgary area access fight. There was a meeting for AB dealers last spring but nothing has happened over the summer in regards to gaining support from dealers. As consumers we have to remind our local dealers-"NO trails= No sales"
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

ripandtear
Contributor
Contributor

spare parts

Post by ripandtear »

You mean you guys buy spare parts from dealerships? I just get used one that my friends have thrown out and try to get a couple k's here and there out of them. Doug Raffan has a garage full of good used equipment that keeps me pretty well stocked.
Terry

2006 KTM 250 XC-W
2003 KTM 250 EXC - sold
04 Yamaha TTR 90 - sold
03Yamaha PW 80

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

PARTS

Post by DirtGirl »

:banana: WE HAVE LOTS OF GOOD NEW PARTS TOO!!
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w

ripandtear
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ripandtear »

new parts are for the fortunate few with "new bikes" or should I say the spoiled few??
Terry

2006 KTM 250 XC-W
2003 KTM 250 EXC - sold
04 Yamaha TTR 90 - sold
03Yamaha PW 80

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

As a spoiled rider I prefer to shop locally at Seitsco Motorsports in Okotoks. Good group of guys with lots of parts and accessories, especially for Yamaha, otherwise, for my KTM I shop from A&E because they put TONS of time and money back into what we do, they are one of the few that care about bush riders, blackfoot has the shear size but is mostly interested in moto.
Rip, I understand that the price of riding and racing is huge, however, there is a large number of KTM owners out there with used parts and accessories, you should post a wanted column or check out classifieds.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

~Pussykat~
Writer
Writer

Post by ~Pussykat~ »

Andy & I tend to shop wherever they have the product in stock or have it cheapest! I have bought a street bike at Pro-Am but not my gear as they were unwilling to order what I wanted. So I got road gear at Walts. Blackfoot tend to carry most stuff needed in stock, so we use them frequently. We also use Seitzco in Okotoks as sometimes they come through on pricing and convenience. I used to like Thunder Cycle when they were in Okotoks but now they have moved to Calgary I don't go there (plus they ordered in some incorrect stuff for Andy's bike which cost him time) We have used A & E for parts, they ship via Greyhound to us and have come up trumps for us a few times! We have used Rock Central a fair bit too, for work on the old KTM (Auto clutch & rebuild) Wow I think if we all added up how much money we spend on bikes we'd be horrified!!!!!

Just yesterday I went shopping for MX boots/gear and found Blackfoot had nothing so went to GW and got a great deal on a pair of Gaerne (?sp) boots. (thanks to Trudy & Brad at GW) We bought the new 300 at Lethbridge Honda, so I guess we are not loyal to any one supplier but tend to shop around (typical woman I guess!!) Just a note though for mechanical work we have used Nick Navantoft in Black Diamond, he has a new shop for repairs and some basic needs. Nice guy, try him out if you need mechanical help.

On the sponsorship note, it seems that only a handful of bike shops actually sponsor off road events, primarily I see A&E, Pro-am, Motovan and a few others, never seem to see Blackfoot or Bowcycle sponsoring any event (bar maybe MX events at Wildrose in BF's case?)
*Samm* aka The wife
2006 Honda CRF230
1999 Suzuki DR650
Ladies A

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

I try to get all of my KTM parts at A and E Racing in Brooks. Dave French is great at taking the time to decipher what you think is wrong with your bike and offer advise on how to get it up and smoking. He usually has the stuff I need in stock, if not will order it immediatley without charging extra for ordering out of the weekly rotation. Nor does he charge you up front for an item that takes 3 weeks before you hear it's been back ordered for 2 months (thanks Blackfoot for earning interest on my money). The parts persons (troy and betty) actually know what the inside of a dirtbike looks like and won't give you the dumb look when you ask them the simplest question (Sorry Blackfoot the 16 yr old girl at the parts counter is cute but has no clue what a KTM is). They are also extremely accomodating at getting my parts delivered to me.

For tires I know blackfoot is the cheapest but convenience is worth that extra $20 so I use Seitzco in Okotoks. For oil and gear I try and use Seitzco , or anywhere else that has a bargain bin with $25 jerseys and $50 pants.

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

Dobi,

You mean those Tommy Hilfiger MX pants you brought were from the Bargin Bin??? :D :D :D :D :D

Glenn.
_______
Glenn.
2018 KTM 250 XC
2015 Beta 300RR
2013 KTM 450XC-W
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"