Practice photo

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

Trudy thanks for the updates, I am very interested in hearing all about the big race!
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

Trudy
Writer
Writer

Post by Trudy »

Hi All,

Sorry I havn't been sending up dates but this has been pretty exhausting and long days. Plus this internet access is in the next town so I've been to lazy to go out after dinner.

Well we're down to only three riders as of today. We lost Andy Weiss (Ontario rider) the first day due to a broken leg. Derrik Sproule crashed on Wednesday and dislocated his collarbone. He rode for the rest of the day but couldn't move it on Thursday morning. He was making good times which is really to bad. And Andrew, a rider from BC went over his hour and was eliminated on Saturday. It was really muddy so he was pretty much done in his first lap. I guess he doesn't get the chance to practice mud riding in places like Porky's like our guys do.

Basically there are 8 to 10 checks every day and the riders are given a designated time to get to each one. If they are late to any the times are added up at the end of the day but the total can't be more than an hour. If it is the rider is eliminated.

Clint got hit by a car On thursday. He's ok and still in the race but he kicked the guys window in. The guy got his number and complained so he almost got a 5 minute penalty but they just let him pay a fine instead. You should see some of the stuff they are sending these guys through. I don't meen the tough stuff but the dangerous stuuf. I've seen bikes almost hit by buses, just about run over pedestrians, even get stuck in traffic jams...it's nuts. The traffic is crazy and they have the racers crossing and riding down roads but they don't block it off to normal traffic. I'm surprized no one has been killed. I guess quite a few riders got taken to the hospital on Wednesday Derrik heard 30 or so.

Friday was uneventful but it started raining late in the day and kept up until saturday afternoon. It was a tough day for everyone.

So as of Saturday we're down to Shane, Lee and Clint. Shane is doing awsome. He hasn't been late to any checks which considering the conditions today is incredible. He was running in the gold metal times but he lost a couple positions so he's just a couple minutes out. After today though that could easily have changed. We don't get the results until late tonight. He was in 38th place this morning.

Lee was going stong on his first lap this morning. He was about 10minutes late. He was pretty tired on the second lap but he finished strong. He was about 10 min late today but I can't remember what place he is in.

Clint was going great this morning too only about 5min late but he hasn't been feeling great the last couple of days. It seemed to get the best of him the second half of the day and he lost quite a bit of time. He didn't hour out though so as long as he makes it through tomorrow he will finish

Sunday is the last day and the shortest so I'm pretty confident they will all finish which is awsome.
Sorry about no pictures. I'll let you know the final results when I get them.

Trudy