On your front page

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
Amanda
User
User

On your front page

Post by Amanda »

Hello

I have a request to the RMDRA Executive.

The below statement is not only harmful to the AURS and its efforts in the GAMP process for the last 10 years, but is also inaccurate. I would like to see it taken off of your main page.
Few opposing opinions were heard. No other group, including AURS, had any proposals to make.
The AURS has many trail proposals and we were also ready to show them at the GAMP meeting, but we were left with little time to show it. I myself, did mention it and hold it up for all to see if you will recall.

Your presentation was excellent! And I certainly hope that we are all on the same track. The AURS proposal was modeled after the Clearwater Trail Criteria, and seems to have covered much of the same information the RMDRA covered as well. Lets hope that SRD will accept BOTH of our proposals!

Thank you for your understanding on my request. Looking forward to working with you in the future!

Amanda Morosse
AURS VP.
Last edited by Amanda on Mon May 30, 2005 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Amanda,

You are correct that the sentence that you refer to was not what the RMDRA meant to say. I have changed the text on the front page and on the land page as of last night because I don't feel that it is in anyone's interest to publicly bring discredit another OHV organization.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We hope that both of our proposals are successful.

By the way, I heard that you and Cal managed to get through and did well on the 77AM radio talk show regarding GAMP. Nice job. :cheers:
Last edited by dirtyboy on Tue May 31, 2005 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

dirtyboy wrote:
By the way, I heard that you and Cal managed to get through and did well on the 77AM radio talk show regarding GAMP. Nice job. :cheers:
I heard Amanda on QR77 and must say her(our) view was well presented. As I drove along listening I was waiting for some uneducated radical to get on their and complain about having to quit mud bogging and having to carry his trash out!!!

Amanda
User
User

Post by Amanda »

Thanks for the compliment! It was my first time on the radio, a little nerve racking because you never know what they will ask, but overall it was good!

:cheers:

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

GAMP

Post by thumper-darryl »

I usually try to ignore rants like this, but I decided to clarify a couple of things. The GAMP is only about 3 years old. There has been talk here and there about an access plan ever since the IRP was drafted, but no formal access plan was innitiated until recently. I attended meetings as an AOHVA member (AURS wasn't involved) when ever they came up to discuss an access plan. 3 years ago when SRD decided to put together an access plan I went in as an AURS representative.
Since you have taken from the Clearwater trail initiative, you should throw your support behind the AOHVA(rather than trying to compete), as the AOHVA is heavily involved in the Clearwater plan. I threw my efforts to the AOHVA because they have a vast amount of experience in access plans and land advocasy, where as the AURS is a stewardship group with no experience in access plans. Different groups with different strengths. The AOHVA is best at land advocasy, and the AURS is great at stewardship projects. Why don't people focus their energy on what they do well? And since I was also at the May GAMP meeting, the RMDRA was the ONLY group with a presentation ready to go for the meeting, that was brought to the group for consideration.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty