Free Talker FRS Radios

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Free Talker FRS Radios

Post by cladoo »

Check these FRS radios. http://shop.store.yahoo.com/insidecompu ... awata.html They look interesting and the price is inviting about $50 CDN plus shipping and maybe duty. I've seen them in an ad in MXP magazine for 139.95 CDN. They would be nice for group trail rides.

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

I already have a pair of radios that would be compatible with those wrist ones. i read an article in dirt rider last year about helmet radios. you can talk while your riding, except i don't think this is a good idea because everybody will be swearing at me on the next ride :bonk:

rooster
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by rooster »

Hey boys,bought and tried helmet radios with the over the bars club 10 years ago and found we could not hear each other clearly unless we were idling or with the bikes shut off.They were about the best street units at the time,maybe there is something better now that can work with our off-road bikes? :banghead: We all had spent 180.00$ on our own radios (4 or 5 of us) and within a month or 2 they were broken, deemed a hassle and a waste of money
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY HOURS YOU PUT IN. IT MATTERS WHAT YOU PUT IN THE HOURS!!!

BRPCam
User
User

Post by BRPCam »

rooster wrote:Hey boys,bought and tried helmet radios with the over the bars club 10 years ago and found we could not hear each other clearly unless we were idling or with the bikes shut off.They were about the best street units at the time,maybe there is something better now that can work with our off-road bikes? :banghead: We all had spent 180.00$ on our own radios (4 or 5 of us) and within a month or 2 they were broken, deemed a hassle and a waste of money
I have a set of helmet radios they work great now the range is about 2km and they have a mic button that you push that triggers the mic. The auto trigger is triggered by the BRAAAAAP! of the exaust, so everyone can hear the horrendous burnout you did and nothing more. The Mic button is the only way to go. I think they are still about 140 but the tech is way better now.

Cam
01 BRP (XR680R) cammed, 11:1, pro curcuit exaust with spark arrestor of course :) , Clarke 16.3l tank, 15/47 Ironman Sprokets