Anaheim 1 2023

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
cerealkiller
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Anaheim 1 2023

Post by cerealkiller »

After Heat 1, I was ready to crown Eli champion. He's not my favorite rider, but my only question was whether or not he would gel with the new bike. Heat 1 answered that question - he looked exactly like the 2022 champ. The main event, on other other hand, made an argument that he was better than ever. 

Cooper Webb is back I guess. You can't let that guy sniff success. A good ride at A1 and now he'll probably be a factor for the rest of the year.

Sexton looked fast and smooth - and then tired. It's A1. Maybe the pressure and excitement got to him a bit. I'm not ready to panic. He could easily have won that race. He certainly looked every bit as fast as Eli early on.

Ferrandis - is that what we're going to see for the rest of the year? Good start, moderate beginning half of the race and then some late heat. He looks like a supercross rider again. 

Ken - I'm pulling for Ken. I wonder what would have happened if he'd got by Eli early? Instead he looked like 2021 Ken. I expect a win or three from him this year, but at A1 he looked tired in the second half. On rough and rutty tracks Ken needs an early lead to win so he can ride relaxed in the second half. Also, every time Cooper passes Ken an angel loses its wings. 

Did Malcolm hit neutral? I thought he might win at one point and was instead credited with 22nd. That's brutal.

Anderson looked uncomfortable all day.

Jett was the favorite and lived up to it.

RJ looked GOOD. Both fast and smooth - weird!

Mcadoo on the other hand, looked tight. At least he didn't explode when RJ when by. Maybe some A1 jitters at play.

Forkner cost himself a lot of money. One mistake 50ft into the first race of the year might have cost him a factory 450 ride. He's been hurt so many times that I don't think he can afford another injury. Unless he comes back soon and wins some races, I suppose we'll see him race 250 SX again next year.

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Anaheim 1 2023

Post by Braap791 »

This supercross season has been interesting. My supercross picks have been nothing but trash this year. That being said there has been some great racing to soften the blow of getting minimal points every round.

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Same boat, my picks have not worked out but the racing has been great. :thumbsup:

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

That was a hard L for AP tonight. Painful to watch