PW50 on crown land

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
Taurkon
User
User

PW50 on crown land

Post by Taurkon »

Hey all,

Anyone have experience with Alberta Conservation Officers and kids riding PW50's? Just bought one for the grand-kids and although I don't expect them to be riding the trails anytime soon, riding around the camp site at places like McLean off-road loop, or dry camping at Porks or Dutch is likely.

Never seen one with lights attached, although I can do so with stick on battery power. Registration, insurance, plate etc??? Just curious

DwayneH
User
User

Re: PW50 on crown land

Post by DwayneH »

They will nail ya for no ins, reg, plate mounted. I've seen it where they haven given the fine and I've seen them impound the bike for no ins or registration. Some rangers have told me as long as we have the lights and can attach them to the bike when needed its fine others say they have to be on the bike at all times so I guess it depends on the ranger and the day with the lights. I carry mountain bike lights in my backpack and haven't been bothered to much by anyone for doing it that way.
Dwayne Howatt
"17 300xcw

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

I run battery powered lights on all my kids bikes. We have been given grief that they need to illuminate an object at 60m, but none of them have ever written a ticket or came back at dark to prove me wrong.

We have had FO's tell us that the kids needed to be within sight and hearing distance at all times.... My wife bought an air horn to call them back if needed :thumbsup:

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Anything I've read is that anything under 50cc is exempt. The PW50 is 49cc.
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS