Anyone heading to Montana Soon?

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Anyone heading to Montana Soon?

Post by Spinalguy »

Hey Dean.
i buy car parts and leisure stuff mainly.
MSO is $4 per package stocking fee. Eureka is close to Kooc so i tie a trip into a usa pick up.
i always try local first whether it be car parts, leisure stuff or bike stuff and using all conversions. i will do online when the difference is very notable.

My motto is shop local first.

i just picked up an order of car stuff that i saved 200 bucks vs shop local and the amount was only 400 :eek:
i also bought demo skis and bindings for 330 cdn (conversion) that the best price i had local for same set up was 1000!!!

i did learn a great tip though from a retailer. They charge a $20 fitting fee to anyone trying on ski boots, dirtbike boots and helmets. If they buy from the shop, the 20 bucks is applied to the sale, if they do not they forfeit the 20 as a service fitting charge.

This helps deter those that need to get the right size before ordering state side and wasting the retailers time.
Tk
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

Spinalguy wrote: i did learn a great tip though from a retailer. They charge a $20 fitting fee to anyone trying on ski boots, dirtbike boots and helmets. If they buy from the shop, the 20 bucks is applied to the sale, if they do not they forfeit the 20 as a service fitting charge.
Tk
With the dollar in the current state I rarely shop across the line and always give locals first crack. I often even travel around town to spread some of my shopping around in an effort to support all our local dealers who in turn support our sport. What I do buy online or across the boarder is often items that are not available locally or because of a lack of canadian distribution, not cost effective for the local dealer to bring in. For example shear pins for Scott steering dampers or the visor for my helmet that the Canadian distributor isn't importing and BFD wasn't able to get for me.

All that said, if the day ever comes that a retailer tries to charge me $20 to try on anything, it will be the day that i purposly order from someone else while standing in their store with them watching.
The voices are back. Awesome!

takethebounce
Contributor
Contributor

Post by takethebounce »

bfdirect wrote:Thanks for the feedback Takethebounce I really do appreciate it!

We do stock and sell the low Husky Powerparts Seat you had mentioned not sure why you were told otherwise? I’m sorry to hear that.

Once again I really do appreciate your (and all customers) feedback as at the end of the day we can only do a better job if we hear and listen to our customers!
Just as a friendly update I spent over $600 in parts last week at BF Direct. I even bought stuff I wasn’t looking for because of all the great stock. Lol

But I was looking for something else and what was on the wall wasn’t what I was looking for and I am pretty sure there is a Powerparts option as I had looked at it online and It wasnt suggested as an option. So I just left it at that as I hadn’t seen your post until tonight.

Store looks great!