Transmission repair shop recommendations

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
malcolmzilla
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Transmission repair shop recommendations

Post by malcolmzilla »

Seems to be a few folks here running high mileage pickups... Thought I'd pick your brains.

I have a acquired a 06 Ford van that needs a transmission rebuilt. Has anyone used a local re-builder and recommends them? I will pull the trans out, but only want to do this job ONCE. :D

I'd spring for an exchange by reputable builder out of the USA like last time I had this task, however this is a unique application and thus cannot be "core" exchanged, and shipping from/to Eureka is prohibitive.

Thanks in advance.

deltadee
User
User

Re: Transmission repair shop recommendations

Post by deltadee »

Paul at Quality Transmission did my 727 slushbox. And a couple buddies GM auto's, with a solid warranty.

Can't recommend him enough.

Ynot303
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Transmission repair shop recommendations

Post by Ynot303 »

I used to have a 2000 E-350 with the 7.3L diesel and I had the National Transmission on 14th Street in Kensington rebuild the transmission when it blew up. The price was way better than I was expecting... I don't remember the exact numbers, but it was around $3200.00 with a high stall torque converter and shift kit. It came with a 2 year - 40,000km warranty and was a really big improvement in performance.
If I remember correctly the manager's name is Brock and he was really good to deal with.

:cheers:
2024 RMDRA Treasurer - #303