The Canadian Diabetes Association

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
kjo417
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

The Canadian Diabetes Association

Post by kjo417 »

DIRTY MOOSE 2016 - Canadian Diabetes Association Fundraiser Update

The Dupuis Family have spent countless hours fundraising in honour of their son Kade who was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. In honour of the Dupuis family RMDRA held a fundraiser at the Dirty Moose Race this past summer. Huge thank you to our RMDRA members, AMSA Offroad and the single track community as a whole for supporting this initiative. Because of everyone's generous contributions a total of $1,310.00 was raised on August 12, 2016. RMDRA then matched that amount and a few of our members with Jannie and Kade were able to deliver the cheque in the amount of $2,620.00 this afternoon.....just in time for Christmas.

The money raised will be put towards The Canadian Diabetes Association D Camps
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... S_TIMELINE

:applause:

Everyone should be very proud of what we have been able to achieve as a community

<3

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: The Canadian Diabetes Association

Post by Dobi »

Great job to Geoff and Tanaya for initiating this fundraiser!!

bikingagain
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by bikingagain »

:applause:
2018 KTM 300 xc
My Last Fight I Won By Two Blocks.
I Love Single Track. Except For All The Trees

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

Dobi wrote:Great job to Geoff and Tanaya for initiating this fundraiser!!
It was great to see the community rally, and I'm proud to be a part of a great club, sport, and community. I do believe that we are fortunate, and spreading good will into other worthy causes is a both a club and personal goal.

I do have to hand this one to my wife however, it was her idea and she pushed it into fruition. Like all things it is not done alone though, and I applaud the efforts of all people who donated. Great raffle prizes from FXR Adrenaline Unlimited, Cycleworks Calgary, Blackfoot Direct, and Rocky Mountain Honda Powerhouse were generous and were done in addition to all their great support of the community. Please help support these businesses, as their contribution is critical to the success of many things that we all take for granted. The people who generously donated the funds, and the people who helped put it all together (Karly and Alonna), it was a great group effort!

I think it is also worth a special mention that the RMDRA did match these funds, doubling the donation. We are trying to be leaders in the community, amongst other things we are fighting for the rights of all off road enthusiasts. Please help support the RMDRA, or your local club! Even just joining a club is an important tool to show those in power that our voice is loud, and our impact is far reaching.

GJ.

downunder366
Contributor
Contributor

Post by downunder366 »

Great work everyone and thanks for your time! It's great to be a part of a community that gives back.
Ryan

2018 KTM 350 XCF

Supported By - Cycle Works Foothills - FXR - Mongoose Machine - Dunlop