Bikes stolen

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
SteveOg
Writer
Writer

Bikes stolen

Post by SteveOg »

This weekend someone came in through the open garage door (my fault, I know) and made off with 2 dirt bikes and my mountain bike. I'll describe each below and work on finding photos.

2014 KTM 350XC-F
Rekluse clutch and cover
Pro-Action decals on forks and rear shock
Grab strap on front fender, KTM grab handle on the back.
Orange reservoir covers on the clutch and brake
Orange oil pump and filter covers
Billet orange and aluminum gas cap
I converted to a left hand rear brake and removed the brake pedal using a hex connector strapped in front of the rear shock.

2008 Kawasaki KLX140L
Black bark busters
Machined aluminum taillight mounted on top of the rear fender.
Front tire was flat.

Santa Cruz 5010 Carbon mountain bike
Carbon SRAM cranks
Flat, Antix BMX pedals
Red gps mount on top of stem

If you see any or all, please get a plate number or info and call the cops. If you want my number to text me, shoot me a message.

Thanks guys. I really need these back!!!!

SteveOg
Writer
Writer

Re: Bikes stolen

Post by SteveOg »

And any suggestions on where to look for them, how to get the word out or anything I can do to increase my chances of finding them is appreciated. I've called some shops and am watching for sale ads but feel otherwise useless.

downunder366
Contributor
Contributor

Post by downunder366 »

Sorry to hear that!

Maybe try posting pics/details etc on some Facebook pages. Second Gear Club, PNWMA, maybe try some out east as well.

Good luck.
Ryan

2018 KTM 350 XCF

Supported By - Cycle Works Foothills - FXR - Mongoose Machine - Dunlop

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Sorry to hear Steve. As far as your Santa Cruz, check for the bike being parted out on Kijiji Cal, Edm, Red Deer, Lethbridge under parts catagories. Also check Pinkbike for part out and they have frames only section as well. Check back with the Cops from time to time on the SC, sometimes these scumbags get busted with a ton of stolen goods and the bicycles get lost in the shuffle - Dirtbikes not so much.
Best of luck.

boland
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by boland »

That sucks man :thumbsdown: ya sharing it all over social media will help get some eyes on it. RMDRA has a Facebook page as well
KTM 300 XCW
#184A

SteveOg
Writer
Writer

Post by SteveOg »

Here are a few photos of the bikes. I don't have many but I guess these are better than nothing.

What are your thoughts on sharing the VIN's? Any reason why not?
Attachments
IMG_9538.JPG
IMG_9592.JPG
IMG_0170.JPG
IMG_0837.JPG
IMG_0724.JPG

SteveOg
Writer
Writer

Post by SteveOg »

Santa Cruz
Attachments
IMG_6354.JPG

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

Sucks that people can be such scumbags.

If you have all the original paperwork and KTM bag from when the bike was purchased, look through it and you should have a 2x3" sticker that has the VIN and the engine numbers. Be sure to provide the police with your engine number, it could help in a recovery since the vin is sometimes the only number that gets removed from the bike. An engine number could help police locate the owner.
The voices are back. Awesome!

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

The bike's risers, pegs, and rekluse are a dead giveaway. I'll keep an eye out for it on the trails and driving around.

Don't have to be precise, but what area of the city were these stolen from? Might help locate as I think many things are stolen locally.

My garage door has windows. I keep my bikes covered with an old bed sheet. Don't know if it helps, but stops peering eyes from knowing exactly what it is. They might think is a 1998 XR400...

SteveOg
Writer
Writer

Post by SteveOg »

Thanks fellas. I should mention that the bars don't have the giant stack of risers anymore. They were on it when I bought it but I took them off. The only recent photo of the bike is the one with my son on it.

Bikes were taken from the north, central side of the city.

I'll check for the engine number sticker. I have the original bag and bill of sale for the bike.

Thanks for the tips, the eyes and sharing the photos. I sent photos to all my moto friends and hopefully if lots of people share the info and photo, I'll maybe get something back.

SteveOg
Writer
Writer

Post by SteveOg »

I re-activated my facebook profile and tried posting on the RMDRA page but nothing shows. Does it need to be approved before it'll appear or am I doing it wrong? I'm not a facebook pro. :confused:

It's on there now. I'm not sure if someone needed to approve. It says 181 people saw it so far. :thumbsup:

kjo417
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by kjo417 »

:-(

This isn't the first stolen bike incident I have heard about. Our friends kid's pw50 was stolen out of their garage in the southeast end of Calgary last month.

SteveOg
Writer
Writer

Post by SteveOg »

I put up a facebook post hoping to have it shared around. Here's a link if anyone's inclined to forward it along.

Thanks! https://www.facebook.com/steve.ogston/p ... 8831765930

SteveOg
Writer
Writer

Post by SteveOg »

Almost a month and no news or sightings. I've offered a $2000 reward if anyone happens to see them or if you come across someone selling one or all cheap somewhere, I'd love to know about it. License plate and a call to the cops would be amazing so I'm hoping the $2K is enough incentive to walk by a bike in the back of a truck somewhere for a closer look.

I guess if they don't turn up by the New Year, I'll be bike shopping again. :thumbsdown:

Thanks for keeping an eye out!

SteveOg
Writer
Writer

Post by SteveOg »

Now that we're getting some warmer weather there may be some people out shopping for bikes and pretty soon guys will be out on the dirt so I wanted to push this post to the top for any shoppers out there. If you happen to see any of the three, please try and get some info and call the police with a plate number, address, etc. If you see or hear of someone selling one, please let me or the police know. Pictures, names and plate numbers would help! I'm offering $2000 for info that gets them back to me.

Thanks!