Bikes stolen

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Bikes stolen

Post by AJRJ »

Theft sucks. Way to stay persistent, I hope they turn up. This is the advantage of having mandatory off highway vehicle registration, in AB and now in BC as well. I would think it probably makes the likelihood higher of recovering peoples stuff.

SteveOg
Writer
Writer

Post by SteveOg »

I figure at least one of the bikes will turn up, and hopefully soon. I replaced my bike but I'm hoping they'll recover one or more so I either have a bike for my daughter or can sell the KTM to buy her something. She's not happy that she doesn't have a bike this season, and nor am I.

It's frustrating that thieves think they're entitled to what I worked hard for so they don't have to. I REALLY would like to find the guy to show him how I feel about what happened. :thumbsdown:

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

Hey Steve,

Keep checking the VIN of all your bikes on the CPIC (Canadian Police Information Centre) website.

Here are some links:

VIN Search - http://app.cpic-cipc.ca/English/searchformvin.cfm - This will be more for your dirt bikes.
Serial # Search - http://app.cpic-cipc.ca/English/searchformproperty.cfm - This will be more for your mountain bike.

If they have your bikes listed on here and someone tries to register one of them, the registry will report it. Also, if someone sees an ad for one of your stolen items and looks it up before buying, then the details will show it as stolen and hopefully they will report it.

If your items do NOT show up here, contact the Police Service that you did the theft report with and ask them to make sure the items are listed on CPIC, as well as their local reporting system.

Good Luck and I hope your stuff turns up! :cheers:
_______
Glenn.
2018 KTM 250 XC
2015 Beta 300RR
2013 KTM 450XC-W
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"

SteveOg
Writer
Writer

Post by SteveOg »

I've got the link saved on the home screen of my phone for quick access if I happen to see the bikes and need to show the guy in possession that he isn't leaving with it(them). They're all reported and listed on the site. :thumbsup: