Brooks Motocross Track

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
cerealkiller
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Brooks Motocross Track

Post by cerealkiller »

Does anyone know the hours or who to contact? I'm thinking about getting in some practice tomorrow, but don't want to drive out there for nothing!
-Jared
#44b

cerealkiller
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Brooks Motocross Track

Post by cerealkiller »

FYI for anyone looking for information about the track in the future... I contacted Justin Carvill (his info is on the Brooks Motocross Park website). Track usually opens at 9am. It costs $20 for a day pass. You can get a key for the gate at either A&E racing or All Season Cycle (the latter is located on the main road coming into town on your way to the track).

It was brutally hot yesterday - hopefully it's cooler come race day! The MX track looked like it was tilled recently, but after baking in the sun it was covered in large loose chunks of dirt. It was... interesting to ride. After working out some lines, I got down to work figuring out the jumps. I'm happy. Before leaving I managed to clear everything but that massive new tabletop on the west side (that's got to be near a 100' no?) and one peaky double after the whoops. With the hard base and the loose dirt on top, it was tricky to get enough speed for some of the jumps out of the corners. I like the new layout though.

The endurocross track had lots of new obstacles. I didn't ride it since they were working on it while I was there. Should be a fun race.
-Jared
#44b