Practice Build?

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
theKurmudgeon

Practice Build?

Post by theKurmudgeon »

New guy here, i was up riding at fallen timber with a buddy and saw some logs staked together for log hop practice. This made me think, would it offend anyone if we kept adding? More logs? Maybe halved spools or tires? Thought id probe the internet for thoughts. Perhaps someone knows of a place already like this. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Practice Build?

Post by Dobi »

theKurmudgeon wrote:New guy here, i was up riding at fallen timber with a buddy and saw some logs staked together for log hop practice. This made me think, would it offend anyone if we kept adding? More logs? Maybe halved spools or tires? Thought id probe the internet for thoughts. Perhaps someone knows of a place already like this. Thanks! :thumbsup:
Hi,
there is a great endurocross section here in Calgary at the Wildrose MX track (home of last nights first club ride of the year). You can get all the log practice you could ever handle there. The other great place is on the trails at fallen timber or Mclean Creek. There are lots of good logs on legal trails to practice on.

I do not condone the addition of more logs to that meadow. While it is cool and all, it is in plain site from the road and adds to the visual aspect of bikers damaging a nice meadow. While I do enjoy hammering over them when I go by, I do realize that it is a bit of an unsightly mess and is technically an illegal dumping or fabricating of materials in a PLUZ.

Cheers