Tonneau Covers

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
twitch13
Contributor
Contributor

Tonneau Covers

Post by twitch13 »

Finally got rid of the trailer and upgraded to a truck! What is everyone doing with their gear when they are traveling or while riding? I'm thinking if it's in the back seat of my truck I'm inviting someone to smash my window out. Has anyone had any issues with security or functionality on their Tonneau covers? The vinyl ones look like they would be pretty easy to cut into but the trifold aluminum ones that flip up to the back of the cab are pretty expensive. Opinions / experiences are much appreciated!

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Tonneau Covers

Post by dirtyboy »

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6152

I take my valuables with me.

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by giantjoe »

I got a peragon for my truck. It's hard. It's not cheap either. I usually leave anything I'm not taking with me in the open box though... If someone needs gas that bad they can have it.
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

twitch13
Contributor
Contributor

Post by twitch13 »

For sure I always take any valuables with me. But I was checking what people are doing with there trucks. Before when I had my little SUV with a trailer I would be able to keep my empty gear bag, gas can, tire pump, etc. in the back of the SUV with a vinyl tonneau cover then lock up the SUV. This way if someone walked by my car everything was out of sight. Now that I have a truck I have an open back seat where I would throw my empty gear bag, etc. and I was wondering if it is worth having a tonneau cover on the box to keep everything out of site (of course with a hard cover this arguably could be more secure).