Enforcement

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
BarryM
User
User

Enforcement

Post by BarryM »

I don't see a thread on this yet so...long story short we rode Saturday, 5k was busy. Got checked 3 times. Rangers on quads and 3 trucks. Got back from our ride and the 5k was EMPTY! Not one vehicle except two of the ranger trucks, looked like they were throwing the book at the last lone motorcycle for at least half an hour. They were checking plate, insurance, registration, lights, riding on the gravel road, everything. So just in case anybody's rear light fell off ($79) I'd say to stick it back on!

Parks took over enforcement because they said Forestry wasn't doing their job. They are now doing an effective job.
P.S. Looks like I turned blue, have to talk to someone.

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Re: Enforcement

Post by erniebearskin »

This is good news.
Bikeless....

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

There are 6 officers out there now and from what I have been hearing from folks is that they are highly motivated to generate revenue. The increased enforcement is a good thing and unfortunately a few of us are probably going to help pay some govt bills in the process. We all have to remember that as club members we need to play by the rules as well and we are not exempt from the ticketbook.

BarryM
User
User

Post by BarryM »

It's good news because it will only help our cause to use the backcountry responsibly. We didn't get tickets but everybody I warned was missing something, or almost everything. We parked in the field south of the 5k and he said we couldn't stage there, also you can't get anywhere from there without riding on the road. People ended up walking their bikes to the trails on the west side because it's maybe 50m down the road and riding on the road is over $300. They told us not to ride unofficial trails that aren't on the map (there are a few good bits of single track that should be made official). Didn't mention spark arrestors but it was checked on the "Inspected" tag he gave me. Does anybody have a source for cheap spark arrestors for those who don't have one? He allowed small bike lights.

They were at staging areas but also on quads. I saw them out on a trail.

Don't quote me but if I remember:
Plate, registration, insurance: $211 EACH
Lights $79
Riding on road over $300
They could ding you with several tickets.

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Post by erniebearskin »

IMHO hopefully more tickets will eventually = less goons riding in Maclean, I pay good money to be legal.......ticket away gents.
Bikeless....

Rider Eh!
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Rider Eh! »

Were they doing the stick test on the spark arrestors to see if they exist or checking functionality of lights (ie do they turn on?)?
'18 300 XC
'02 XR650R

Jstewart
User
User

Post by Jstewart »

What are the fines for riding around on my quad with no helmet or shirt and my cooler full of beer strapped to the back??? Thank god I got a headlight and tail light on that thing!