Mcleans Creek

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
wheels13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Mcleans Creek

Post by wheels13 »

Took a drive out to see how the snow melt was coming along and there were a ton of movie trailers out there, old cars with South Dakota license plates (gremlin). Anyone know what's going on?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Mcleans Creek

Post by giantjoe »

I've heard rumours about a sequel to Fargo. Perhaps this is it?
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Post by erniebearskin »

Fargo sequel, that could be awesome.....oh you betcha!
Bikeless....

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Post by cedric »

The new Fargo is a tv series I thought I heard, but they are filming it in the Calgary area.

Ynot303
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Ynot303 »

Awesome!
2024 RMDRA Treasurer - #303

NoPlan
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by NoPlan »

Yes it is a TV series, and yes they were filming in Calgary this could be it.

the company I work for rented some equipment to Fargo corporation for their show :)

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

NoPlan wrote:Yes it is a TV series, and yes they were filming in Calgary this could be it.

the company I work for rented some equipment to Fargo corporation for their show :)

Yup, I know a girl who works on the sets and was out at Mclean.

Said the conservation officer was a real D***. Haha.

Not slamming the CO's. I know they have their fair share of battles but hassling a film crew for what appeared to be ridiculous reasons is beyond me.

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

The CO's have to be sure the TV people have the proper permissions and permits to be there and aren't just out there closing down public roads without permits, signs, tearing up roads, leaving a mess, etc.

TV people can be just as big d***s. They often try to get by without getting permissions to shoot on the basis that is "only for a few hours" and "there isn't anyone around to complain" just to save the time it takes to go through the proper channels and do things right.

I'll side with the CO's any day.
The voices are back. Awesome!

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

It was more in regards to stringent control of them using a small section of a very wide trail.

I'm sure there are two sides to the storey.

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

The CO's get a bad wrap for doing their jobs. Everyone says that they are hassling people when they are stopped and checked for license, registration, TFA's, shooting guns at trail heads, burning cars in a field, etc. The truth is if they weren't out there "hassling" people, then people and businesses, including TV crews, would just be out running around doing whatever they feel like doing. This time it may have been a small section of a very wide trail, but it could just as easily have been the entire trail. There is no way for the CO to know what they plan to do and TV crews are famous for changing their minds on site.

In defence of the CO's, consider this; the next time you see a quad poaching our singletrack, think about how nice it would be to have that CO around being a hassle.

Sorry if this sounds hostile, that isn't my intention. All the same, picking on the CO's for trying to protect our playground strikes a nerve with me.
The voices are back. Awesome!

FiveNine

Post by FiveNine »

Where's the "Like" button....
Brass wrote:The CO's get a bad wrap for doing their jobs. Everyone says that they are hassling people when they are stopped and checked for license, registration, TFA's, shooting guns at trail heads, burning cars in a field, etc. The truth is if they weren't out there "hassling" people, then people and businesses, including TV crews, would just be out running around doing whatever they feel like doing. This time it may have been a small section of a very wide trail, but it could just as easily have been the entire trail. There is no way for the CO to know what they plan to do and TV crews are famous for changing their minds on site.

In defence of the CO's, consider this; the next time you see a quad poaching our singletrack, think about how nice it would be to have that CO around being a hassle.

Sorry if this sounds hostile, that isn't my intention. All the same, picking on the CO's for trying to protect our playground strikes a nerve with me.