No more supercross on shaw!

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
absurveyor
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

No more supercross on shaw!

Post by absurveyor »

I was just checking my programming and noticed Fox sports1 is no longer available on shaw. This is confirmed on their website that speed is no longer available. Call and complain! Do the other providers still offer Speed?
Let's light up Facebook.
'If you can't be fast at least look cool"- Absurveyor circa 1992

malcolmzilla
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: No more supercross on shaw!

Post by malcolmzilla »

WUT.

Shaw channel 234 had SX this past weekend? Bought the HD plus package just to get it.

blacksheep
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by blacksheep »

I'm with shaw. Channel 48 speed/ fox broadcasts ever race, Why do i keep hearing SX isn't broadcasted? Heard about this last year too.....

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Post by erniebearskin »

Yup, my channel 48 is just a black screen..... Funking brutal.
Bikeless....

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

Yup. It's done, but we knew this was happening. :(

Wangchung
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Wangchung »

telus and rogers dropped speed last year. I was going to switch from telus to shaw for speed and did a little research and discovered shaw was dropping it as well.
Here is what telus told me, "there are numerous sporting channels that you can pick from"
I said "yes, but golf/darts/curling/soccer is not motocross/supercross racing"
telus "yeah I know, sorry dude"
2018 Husqvarna TX300
2014 KTM 450 SXF FE
2014 KX500 (KTM 350 frame)
2011 KTM 350 XCF (for sale)
2005 KTM 525 MXC
2002 CR500 (CRF450 frame)
1981 YZ465

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

Somebody will pick it up soon they are probably just figuring out how much more they can charge us. Nascar racing is a serious part of that channel and there are lots of people who live and die for billybob racing. Also there seems to be a lot of F1 coverage and a lot of closet F1 fans. The more likely outcome is that people will buy some sort channel that has all the motorsports on it which may be known as Foxsports 1 and charge us more :thumbsdown: . There will have to be a new provider in the near future.

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

That is it, the last straw. I've had it. We are pulling the plug on our cable.

I'll get my supercross fix here: https://new.livestream.com/SupercrossLIVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For regular TV, Netflix and Hulu take care of what I want to watch. I also picked up an indoor digital TV antenna ($35), that provides me with 4 local tv stations and the signal is visibly clearer than cable HD by the way.

I'll take the $$$ I save and spend it on the wife.
The voices are back. Awesome!

Fenel854
Writer
Writer

Post by Fenel854 »

Brass wrote:That is it, the last straw. I've had it. We are pulling the plug on our cable.

I'll get my supercross fix here: https://new.livestream.com/SupercrossLIVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For regular TV, Netflix and Hulu take care of what I want to watch. I also picked up an indoor digital TV antenna ($35), that provides me with 4 local tv stations and the signal is visibly clearer than cable HD by the way.

I'll take the $$$ I save and spend it on the wife.
When I try to watch the night shows on that link above it will not work in my region, how are you watching it Brass ?
Ron

2014 KTM 300XCW
2016 Timbersled ST

cerealkiller
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cerealkiller »

Google "Hola". It's an extension for your browser that may be of some assistance.
-Jared
#44b

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

Fenel73 wrote:
When I try to watch the night shows on that link above it will not work in my region, how are you watching it Brass ?
I use a US ISP service called unblockUS (~$5 per month). It allows me to get US Netflix and Hulu. It also allows you to change the appearance of your location so if you wanted to get British BBC or Australian shows you can. They have a lot more European race coverage :thumbsup:
The voices are back. Awesome!

Grimlock
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Grimlock »

As far as I know SPEED no longer exists at all or will soon cease to exist. The channel has been rebranded as either "Fox Motorsports" or "Fox Racing", can't remember which. Either way, Rogers has exclusive rights to it, so unless a carrier out west picks it up we are out of luck.

I bought the VideoPass subscription to both MotoGP and WSBK (expensive but worth it) after Telus dumped Speed last year. Cable T.V. is quickly becoming a thing of the past it seems.
#826A

Dirkbun

Post by Dirkbun »

Channel 48 is just gone :-( ... Damn ...

blacksheep
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by blacksheep »

Guess I spoke too soon.... when I realized channel 48 was literally missing I cancelled my cable.

clamacious
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by clamacious »

Well this is weird. I was at my brother's place last night and he still has access to FoxSports 1 on his old school Motorola HD box. We were actually able to watch Supercross on 234. I thought perhaps Shaw had relented and put the channel back into the lineup but when I got back to my place my channels 48 and 234 were indeed deleted. I'm guessing that the channel is still streaming over Shaw's network but they just haven't gotten around to deleting it from the entitlements for owners of the older style HD box??