Is GasGas toast?

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Is GasGas toast?

Post by cedric »

Sounds like the future of this brand is very shaky right now:

http://www.enduro360.com/2015/03/04/blo ... or-gas-gas

I hope it works out, but...

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Is GasGas toast?

Post by trailguy »

Shame, this is not looking good. 24 Million Euro in debt and they need 5 million euro very soon to get re-financed . KTM is definitely out as far as any interest in investing in Gas Gas.

Bark
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Bark »

From Outlaw Dave's blog the other day:
Letter from Yariv Gilat, Gas Gas Motos Chairman
in NEWS, Press release / on March 2, 2015 at 17:05 /
GasGas-Logo

Following my letter from January 22, I would like to update you on the situation of the company.

Unfortunately, the restructuring process is taking longer than expected. However, we are heading towards an agreement with all the relevant parties, and I hope to conclude all within the next couple of weeks.

Also, and as you may have already heard, we have appointed Mr. Cobi Moise as our new chief executive, to replace Ramon Puente. We are confident that Mr. Moise has the experience and capabilities to support the company in the coming challenges this industry is substituting. I’m sure that during the coming months, you will get to know Mr. Moise, who will approach you directly.

With the support of Mr. Moise, we will devote a lot of our focus on growth, and stability, without disregarding the improvement of the sales process, after sales and spare parts, production, and supply chain.

I want to use this opportunity to thank Mr. Puente on the long time he served as the CEO of the company.

Grimlock
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Grimlock »

Looks like GasGas will have to find a new fork supplier for their Racing models once they get their finances straightened out. Things are apparently not looking so good at Tenneco Marzocchi.

http://enduro21.com/index.php/component ... production" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
#826A