Helmetcam

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Helmetcam

Post by giantjoe »

Hey all
I did a little research and found a perfectly capable helmetcam for not a lot of money (like $75). They're Chinese specials and I'd suspect they're actually GoPros in a different housing. They have a waterproof case, take a MicroSD card, and a 2 1/2 hr battery life. Really they're not bad at all. The mounts are kind of junky, but I found a way to mount it to the front of my helmet using zip ties and using a portion of an existing mount.

If you're semi committed to trying a helmetcam, and don't want to break the bank doing it, do some research on an SJ1000 and see what you think. I figure they're worth it. Here's a video of Pecker Poles and our new fancy bridge to show you the quality. For the record, it's recorded in 720P, 1080P is just too unwieldy in my opinion.

----------------->just some guy<-----------------

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Helmetcam

Post by giantjoe »

So it turns out the camera was junk. It isn't responding when the memory card is in it. It works just fine when it's out, but can't record anything since there is no internal memory. I broke down and bought the cheapest GoPro a couple weeks ago.
----------------->just some guy<-----------------