buying tires in Calgary

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
anotheroldtrailrider
Writer
Writer

buying tires in Calgary

Post by anotheroldtrailrider »

I'm not sure if this is the right forum - sorry if not -

Where's the cheapest place in Calgary to buy off road tires off the shelf? (I don't have time to order something, so they need to have a decent selection in stock.) Second question - is there any place in Calgary that recycles the old ones? If not, we have several places at home in Oklahoma, and I can take the old one back when I go home on vacation.

Thanks, Art (anotheroldtrailrider)

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: buying tires in Calgary

Post by giantjoe »

GW Cycle has pretty good prices, they're way cheaper during the February sale though. I've noticed Walt Healy's has a lot of tires on the rack, I've just never really looked at them. IRC M5B (rear) all the way!
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

Rider Eh!
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Rider Eh! »

GW is your best bet in Calgary. Let them know you are a RMDRA member.

You can take your old tires to any landfill and they will recycle them for free. I took a dozen to the Spy Hill landfill a few weeks ago with no problems.
'18 300 XC
'02 XR650R

anotheroldtrailrider
Writer
Writer

Post by anotheroldtrailrider »

Thanks, Guys - also - thanks to everyone for a great weekend at Koocanusa - I had a blast. It's certainly different from McLean or Fallen Timber - I wouldn't want to ride there exclusively, but it was fun to be able to let that 500 breathe a little, and charging hard in the soft stuff brought back some good memories.

Art