STOLEN!!!!!!!! 2004 WR250F

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
DYsLeXIC
Contributor
Contributor

STOLEN!!!!!!!! 2004 WR250F

Post by DYsLeXIC »

STOLEN! @ 11:15 today from Southcentre Parking lot! VIN JYACG16W74A007226 - PLATE screwd to the front TT638

Witnesses: Described a BLUE Full size Chevy Van - 1970's vintage...2 males - white - black hair (both) one described to be approx 48yrs and the other 25 yrs. Police are reviewing tapes.......oh, the vehicle had seat covers Grey with the Orange County Choppers logo on them...

I'm so pissed right now.

Sheldon :excuse:
07 KTM 250 XCF-W
04 Yamaha WR250F (Stolen)
03 Honda XR50 for my 6 year old

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Oh man, that sucks!

Let's all keep an eye out for it.

Was it in the back of your truck when stolen?

DYsLeXIC
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DYsLeXIC »

In my trailer - and the dumb thing was is that I was checking it every 15 minutes cause I was nervous leaving it.....
07 KTM 250 XCF-W

DIRTTV
Journalist
Journalist

Post by DIRTTV »

How interseting.
The guy who I coaught breaking into my gararge is 40-50 yrs old and he really liked my yz250F!

DYsLeXIC
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DYsLeXIC »

Well, its been exactly 24hrs - I contacted my insurance company. Any advice on this side of the equation??
07 KTM 250 XCF-W

srpiasta
Writer
Writer

Post by srpiasta »

Well Southcentre is well equipped with video jut a matter of waiting it out I know my buddy waited 30 days befor the ins. company did anything for payment. Hope it shows up Were all keeping our eyes open

Rob
99 RM 250 (For sale)
2000 YZ 80 (Wife's, just started riding)
2003 KX 65 (9 Year old son)
2006 off make of a KTM 50 2stroke(5 Year old son)
10 acre private custom built motocross track built by some friends and me
OH YA, AND REAL GOOD LOCKS AND CHAINS SO DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!

porschev
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by porschev »

Sheldon sorry to hear about your bike.
I live in the area & will keep my eyes open.

CPD say's they can steal a fully dressed Harley in under 30 seconds a dirtbike is easy picking.

I think we need to invent a dirtbike alarm that once activated a remote allows you time to poke the rifle out the window dropping the S*** head where they stand!!! :rant:

Anybody else had this thought, alot of people on this site are sort of advertising what they have in their garages
by listing their rides etc., it would not be to hard for someone to do some snooping & target our garages?

Regards
Porschev

srpiasta
Writer
Writer

Post by srpiasta »

That is true but calgary is a huge city and most people stealing them are taking them for the drug money they can get from it. And as long as they dont register it there good to go. You could ride all year at any track, when is the last time youve been asked at the track to see the serial number? Just a thought
99 RM 250 (For sale)
2000 YZ 80 (Wife's, just started riding)
2003 KX 65 (9 Year old son)
2006 off make of a KTM 50 2stroke(5 Year old son)
10 acre private custom built motocross track built by some friends and me
OH YA, AND REAL GOOD LOCKS AND CHAINS SO DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!

buggo
Writer
Writer

Post by buggo »

alot of people on this site are sort of advertising what they have in their garages
by listing their rides etc., it would not be to hard for someone to do some snooping & target our garages?
Very good point!
You can be sure, it will be a crime of opportunity, as they are scum bags!

www.xenasecurity.ca

I'm getting one for those times the bike is in public places.
And it's chained to the garage floor now!
:cheers:
Paul B.
08 250 XC We
Kona
Specialized Enduro Pro

DYsLeXIC
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DYsLeXIC »

Been scoping these out now too.....talked to the guy this morning.... www.unitracking.com ..... but a big lock is probably the way to go.
07 KTM 250 XCF-W

Richters Riders
User
User

Paranoid.

Post by Richters Riders »

Well not to say that I am but I have three locks on all the bikes locking them al together and one of the locks is a 1" cable that I got from Blackfoot. I also have two Zena screaming alarms on my 250 and 230 and I sleep well at night cause they are nasty. Yes I spent some serious coin but then look at how much our stuff costs is the way I look at it. Oh and I believe in instant justice!!!
CRF-250X Son
2006 500 EFI Polaris ATV Dad
1984 Goldwing 1100 Dad

Hammer
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Hammer »

Cable locks and an anchor chain running through the works. Add to that a 90lb German Shepard. No other alarms needed! There are only a few things I get madder at then thieves....like a justice system that puts them back on the street the next day....enough said.
Hammer
Create->Maintain->Reclaim

fasteer
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by fasteer »

I had 2 bikes stolen at the same time many years ago & will never forget it.

Unfortunately, if someone really wants to steal your stuff, they can usually get it.
However, most thieves are lazy & not really clever, so with a bit of thought & work, you can dissuade most of the pricks.

*Never leave your garage door open. Not just at night, but anytime. That harmless looking kid that strolls by, smiles & waves will be back in a few days with his lowlife buddies for a midnight shopping spree.

*Don’t let the bastids see what you have. Cover the windows. I use opaque cling-on plastic from Ikea. Lets in the light but you can’t see through it.

*Secure the window if you have one. Bar kits are cheap at Home Depot.

*Law enforcement says most garage break-ins are through the side door. Make sure that the hinges are secure; they are often the weak link. I removed my hinge screws & replaced them with heavy duty 4” screws that go way in to the framing. I also installed a deadbolt & bolt-buddy. This is visible from the outside & tells thieves this door will take some work. I never use the side door, so I secured it by screwing a pair of 2x4s across it. The only way in through that door is with a chain-saw.

*Lock up your toys. I use a Zena disc lock/alarm, Kryptonite disc-locks & Kryptonite cables bolted to the cement wall. Good locks are expensive, but worth it.

*Try to prevent the big garage door from being easily opened. I have a wall switch that powers the garage door opener. I don’t know why this isn’t more common. If the switch is off, no electronic gadget can trick the door into opening. If I’m away from home for a few days, I put pins through the door rails so that the door cannot be pried up.

* My bikes are always locked when loaded on the trailer, too. As well, the trailer hitch is locked and the reciever pin is locked. Yeah, I'm paranoid.

* Don't list your home address or home phone # on the internet. Use a cell phone for contact.
Frank

chucker
Journalist
Journalist

Post by chucker »

I always wondered why your garage door is ALWAYS closed when I drive up the street. Now I know. Good tips Frank.
Speed kills. Live forever. Ride a Yamaha.

2007 KTM 450 exc
2003 V-Strom 1000
1977 Yamaha XT 500
1973 Honda Z50

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

srpiasta wrote:when is the last time youve been asked at the track to see the serial number?
About two or three weeks ago I asked to see serial numbers.... :excuse: On the street I check every plate I see on any OHV. I have checked bikes at the track several times over the summer. People are usually very cooperative about it too.

Add to the garage tips of Frank's...don't leave your opener in your car either. Guys break in to the cars steal the opener and get your address from your Reg/Insurance. Really good idea on the powering off the receiver though. Most theives strike homes during the work day. Since they usually don't have a real job, it is a perfect time cause most regular folks are at work.

Glenn.

P.S. I've run about 10 yamahas in the past few days too...no luck though.
_______
Glenn.
2024 KTM 300 XC-W
2018 KTM 250 XC
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"