Trucks broken into in Mclean

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Trucks broken into in Mclean

Post by Brass »

Just a heads up to all, my truck and the truck of another club member were broken into in Mclean today at the paved loop. Our cell phones were stolen along with some credit cards.

Keep your stuff out of sight folks or better yet at home if at all possible. No doubt these amazing pillars of society will come back for another shopping trip.
The voices are back. Awesome!

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Trucks broken into in Mclean

Post by dirtyboy »

That sucks. Sorry to hear. If you do a search you will find this happens at least annually. McLean, Waiparous, everywhere.

In fact it happened to me at the Coop parking lot near my house.

Are you able to track the cell phones?

blacksheep
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by blacksheep »

Did this happen during the day? It was really busy at the paved loop.

primerib72
Columnist
Columnist

Post by primerib72 »

blacksheep wrote:Did this happen during the day? It was really busy at the paved loop.
No doubt.....I know on saturday there was a ton of people out.

What part of the loop were you parked Brass? I would thing the west end near the outhouse would be the most vunerable to break-ins.
CR250R

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

That sucks.
Were your trucks alarmed?
Did they smash a window to get in?

Whenever i ride, i take everything with me on the ride (garage door opener, wallet, cell phone, ipod, all keys)
i also now leave my center console, glove box and ash tray open so thieves can see i have nothing in my truck.
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Jonny5
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Jonny5 »

Thanks for the heads-up/reminder. Every year I get more relaxed about putting my stuff away.

I may have a little "it will never happen to me" attitude.

It's time to rethink my process.
Jon G.
2018 KTM 350XCF

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

This happened between 11 am and 3 pm at the paved loop right near the outhouse. There were several other trucks around since the place was buzzing with people. I think it may have been the abundance of trucks that gave the thief some cover.

I spoke with SRD today and they were upset to hear about it,they asked me to report it to the rcmp so they would know and the more reports they get, the more patrolling they will do. Not that it would do much good for my stolen property.

I have tried tracking the phone but it hasn't been turned on since it was stolen and i have now called to have it locked up.

Jstewart
User
User

Post by Jstewart »

Marcel, shoot me a text when you get your phone replaced, I got mine today (which is a bill I didn't want to pay and I still need to replace the wife's). I am taking my truck to Ford on Wednesday they said they can run a diagnostic to find out how they got in from the keyless entry.

Dude
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Dude »

they pull the top of the door enough to push a piece of wire on your unlock button... check the top of your door and you will find the marks from being pride.
1973 Hodaka Combat Wombat

anotheroldtrailrider
Writer
Writer

Post by anotheroldtrailrider »

I was parked in that exact spot both days - by the outhouse on the paved loop. I do take my phone, wallet, keys, etc with me, but I'm not sure that would deter them from breaking in just to check -

Sucks, for sure report it to the RCMP - even if they can't do anything about your stuff, they need to know what's going on.

Art

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

Jstewart wrote:Marcel, shoot me a text when you get your phone replaced, I got mine today (which is a bill I didn't want to pay and I still need to replace the wife's). I am taking my truck to Ford on Wednesday they said they can run a diagnostic to find out how they got in from the keyless entry.
I'll have to send you an email, I don't have your number since it was in my phone! :lol:

I had a look at my truck and there are a few marks around the door frame. They may have gotten in the way Dude says. :confused:

Jstewart
User
User

Post by Jstewart »

Just checked my truck and looks like Dude is correct. Looks way to easy to do on the Fords for my comfort.

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

Dude is right, I had my ford broken into that exact same way. They also popped the ignition but didn't get it started.
#Z3B

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

Yup Dude did it! JK :smirk:

I locked my keys in my truck in the middle of nowhere a few years back and that's how I got back in.
It's way too easy. My door was bent a little after so I bent it back the other way after opening...evidence gone.
No prying with tools required, just by hand. My truck was a chevy.

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

I will pull my door panel off and disconnect the door lock switches to prevent this. I can just as easiely open the door locks with the key.