Water Tank

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
bikingagain
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Water Tank

Post by bikingagain »

Brass wrote:Perhaps a silly question but how does the 500 tank solve the problem of having to haul water?

Why not just save the money from the tank and shed and have a well dug?
I changed from a 500 gallon to 1250 gallon tank, the water is cheap but the transport cost are high so the fewer deliveries the better. A well from what I understand, could be around the 10k area. And since we only use the property about a dozen times a year, the well would have to be " shocked" to make it useable ( bleach, chlorine).
2018 KTM 300 xc
My Last Fight I Won By Two Blocks.
I Love Single Track. Except For All The Trees

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

Yeah, 10k sounds reasonable for a drilled well and you just pray you get good potable water and decent flow. Tank is the best option, I would think of using two 500gal tanks. Easier to resell or replace a 500gal tank if damaged(some people like to shoot at anything). Maybe to conceal the tank you could install a board fence or put the tank just a below grade, being carefull to prevent ground water contamination, your tank is getting kinda big :eek:. Do you have a septic field or disposal holding tank on the property. 1200 gal of grey water needs to go somewhere that follows municipal bylaws.
#Z3B

takethebounce
Contributor
Contributor

Post by takethebounce »

For simple storage I would just get a few of these:

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell ... Z488960899

There are many buisnesses you can find people giving these away.