Go Pro question

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
actionsports
Contributor
Contributor

Go Pro question

Post by actionsports »

Hey Go Pro experts, I am having a little challenge downloading my video files onto my Mac. I can view the videos on the computer, but cannot seem to download them for editing purposes etc. Whenever I attempt to download, it give me an error indication. I am using the iMovie software that was pre-installed on the Mac. When I attempt to download other video clips from another source (digital cam corder etc) its no problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Shawn

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Go Pro question

Post by thirtyseven »

Nope, I'm sure that it has nothing to do with apple tho.... :smirk:
Last edited by thirtyseven on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

Brenan225
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Brenan225 »

?
Last edited by Brenan225 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resist, Insist,and Persist

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

I had issue with my first SD card from Gopro. I didn't format it, and it took film, but would not download. I did a hard format from my PC and it seems to work now.

The other trick I tried without success was to download the file to the computer, then try running it.

BRod
Contributor
Contributor

Post by BRod »

What format does the GoPro use for video?? Are you trying to import them directly from the camera into iMovie? If so, that didn't work for me either.

Dobi has the idea. I have turned off all auto detect stuff on my Mac, and what I do is connect the camera (in my case a Contour), open Image Capture, and go from there. You can them select the files you want to download, where to save them, and clear the card when you are done. Usually I just create a folder on the desktop, save the pictures or video, have a quick look and delete the junk, and then I drag the pictures to iPhoto and import the video to iMovie.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

You could remove the SD Card and stick it in the computer. Then just copy it like you would any other file. :D

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Post by cedric »

The GoPro I have shoots raw videos in MP4 format. I cannot play them back off the memory card, not well anyway, it comes back all slow and jerky like. I have to copy them off the memory card onto the hard drive and then they will play fine with Windows Media Player. I just plug the camera into my computer, and it recognizes the GoPro as USB storage, the same way it would a thumb drive. Move the files over with Windows Explorer.

Of course you were asking about a Mac, so this probably doesn't help any, but it should be that easy.

actionsports
Contributor
Contributor

Post by actionsports »

OK, I'll keep trying.

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

:thinking:Google it... :thumbsup: