Photographer looking to shoot dirtbiking photos.

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
MatthewHayhurst

Photographer looking to shoot dirtbiking photos.

Post by MatthewHayhurst »

Hello everyone,
my name is Matthew and I am a student photographer at Mount Royal University.
I'm looking to do a photo gallery on dirtbiking and am wondering if any members here use the Wild Rose MX track or go to McLean Creek to bike. I don't know how popular dirtbiking and racing are in the winter, but my uncle, who is an avid biker, says that there are plenty of people who race with studded tires in the winter and use the Wild Rose MX track. I'd be interested in shooting some photos and would be happy to give any members who I shoot photos of the respective photos I shoot.

Please message me or leave a comment and let me know where I might start looking to do my shoot. Might I be able to just show up to the track on the weekend and expect racers and dirt riders to be at the track?

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys!

primerib72
Columnist
Columnist

Re: Photographer looking to shoot dirtbiking photos.

Post by primerib72 »

You can enter into Wildrose to take pictures and pay no admission. They do have winter rides there but usually on select day and it is a members only gig. Check on Facebook because they usually announce when the rides are happenning. Non-members have to wait until the park actually opens whch will probably be around April weather pending.
CR250R

Suzanne
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Suzanne »

My husband "Wildman" is always a good candidate for putting on a show for photos. He is a Pro class cross-country racer (races in the mountains) and he rides in the Wiaparous area a lot (northwest of Calgary). He also rides at Mclean but it is closed to dirtbikes until Spring.

PM me if you are interested in meeting up with him.
Mrs. Wildman

primerib72
Columnist
Columnist

Post by primerib72 »

Suzanne wrote:My husband "Wildman" is always a good candidate for putting on a show for photos. He is a Pro class cross-country racer (races in the mountains) and he rides in the Wiaparous area a lot (northwest of Calgary). He also rides at Mclean but it is closed to dirtbikes until Spring.

PM me if you are interested in meeting up with him.
No doubt Sue....you're no slouch yourself Mrs. Wildman. A photoshoot on the fastest couple in the west :nworthy:
CR250R