new to the RMDR and just getting started

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
takethebounce
Contributor
Contributor

new to the RMDR and just getting started

Post by takethebounce »

Hey folks,

I just wanted to say hello. I have lurked around the site in the past and just got back into riding two wheels a few years ago. Made the mistake of buying a MX bike the first go around and now I am riding an Orange 2 smoker 200 that has really opened my eyes to riding single track.

I haven't been on bikes my whole life, there is a huge gap in my experience from when I was younger and now, but I love challenging myself in new areas on new terrain. I want to take advantage of a guided ride sometime and maybe see some more of the areas I have only see a little of.

Managed to put in a few hours up Quirk Ridge on the weekend. Absolutely loved it! I didn't know single track could be so much fun. Gorgeous views too. We didn't make it all the way around back to the end, which I believe is the West side? Hard to tell with the Fluz map I was using.

Anyhow, graciously paid $40 to help those that keep trails like that open for guys like me. I would be willing to help maintain trails in the future as well.

Not sure about racing yet, maybe once I get a better feel for the technical side of riding!

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: new to the RMDR and just getting started

Post by giantjoe »

Welcome to the club. Seems like you have a great attitude towards trail responsibility. We like that! Come on out to a GR, we'll show you a really good time.
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

rogue
Columnist
Columnist

Re: new to the RMDR and just getting started

Post by rogue »

welcome hope to see you out there :thumbsup:
" Life's a trail, Dig it ! "