Moving to Banff

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
Sobots

Moving to Banff

Post by Sobots »

Hey, I'm currently living in Ontario and thinking of moving out west. Big into snowboarding and dirt biking and need to be able to do both wherever I move. I have a buddy in Banff I'm going to visit this summer and having him there makes it my first option. The snowboarding there is a no brainer but I know it's surrounded by National Parks and am wondering how many dirt bike trails there are in the immediate area. I don't mind travelling up to a couple hours to ride if need be but trails really close are obviously ideal.

I may take my bike with me when I go check it out in the summer and if anyone in the area would want to hook up for a couple rides and play tour guide that would be awesome. I have no problem buying a membership to check out the area on my bike and support the cause!

Any feedback would be awesome, Kyle

absurveyor
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Moving to Banff

Post by absurveyor »

Hi Kyle
Check out the forums and you will find a ton of riding areas within an hour of Banff. You will need a registered, plated and insured Bike in Alberta. Also some lights. Try out the Wednesday night Guided rides if you can.
'If you can't be fast at least look cool"- Absurveyor circa 1992

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

I think there's a member out in banff, and a few in Canmore, both which are good spots to be, you will be 45-90 minutes away from many different choice riding area's. Canmore would be a bit closer to two of the more common areas to ride.

Sobots

Post by Sobots »

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I'll have to leave my bike at home for my trip until I decide to move and can register and insure it in Alberta. Liking what I'm finding on the site though. All positive!

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

If you are already registered in Ontario and just visiting, I think you can still ride (think they give you a week or something like that). I could be wrong :thinking: Record year at Lake Louise and Sunshine. In fact 20cms fell yesterday/overnight. I've been in Banff for 15+ years now :cheers: