New to site not to RMDRA

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
LilMel17
User
User

New to site not to RMDRA

Post by LilMel17 »

Hello,

New to the site, figured id say hi. I ride a ktm200xc and love it.

Any one know where i can get dirtbike insurance with out a class 6. Apparently insurance companies changed their policies and most need class 6 to get insured. My insurance company won't renew because of this. And stand alone policies are expensive. Any suggestions?

I bought the RMDRA membership back in January and i still can't access the membership only forums. HELP!! Also still haven't received the trail maps.

Mel

absurveyor
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: New to site not to RMDRA

Post by absurveyor »

Welcome Mel
Search insurance in the general forums, there are lots of threads. No class six required, just a healthy payment!
For your membership PM Brass who is the membership director. He will get you set up. You can pick up your maps and decals at any club function, It costs twice as much for postage as the map cost to print so unfortunatly we are unable to mail them out.
'If you can't be fast at least look cool"- Absurveyor circa 1992

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by giantjoe »

TD Meloche Monnex does it. Tell them it's for an OHV not a motorcycle.
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

JasonP
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by JasonP »

Hi Mel, I use State Farm for my bike. Its $130 a year for liability + theft. No class 6 required
2010 Suzuki RMX450Z "Suzy"

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

Hi Mel,

Welcome!

Your membership is set up, we just needed you to register on the forum before I could give you full access :thumbsup:

Come on out to the MX ride tonight or to a club meeting and we'll fix you up with the map.
The voices are back. Awesome!

OsoBlanco
Contributor
Contributor

Post by OsoBlanco »

JasonP wrote:Hi Mel, I use State Farm for my bike. Its $130 a year for liability + theft. No class 6 required
I'm getting f%^ked! $299 for mine WITH a class 6 for 11yrs.
'09 BMW F800GS
Franken-Kawi KX220R

LilMel17
User
User

Post by LilMel17 »

Sweet Thanks. I wanted to go to the MX track but i was working until 830pm. I'm hoping to make it to the next meeting if I'm not working. And hopefully to some wed night rides.

I called state Farm and got a quote at $450 AHHHHHH this is insane.

I've explained several times that its a OHV and not a Motorcycle and apparently it doesn't matter anymore. Im with TD with my house, truck, trailer and life and they wont insure my dirtbike. So Insane.

Thanks for the info ill keep trying

Mel
Mel

Kick it, Flip it, Dust it off and do it again, Moto... this is what smiles are made of!
Live, love, Ride

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Nordic can provide liability only for around 180 for 200k liab. I think the person at state farm you spoke to did not know how/where to group the bike. try a different dealer.

Abeo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Abeo »

With no class 6, you have to deal with Nordic. I was with TD Meloche, and they insured my bike though Nordic for ~250 a year. I have a broker now, and it'll be the same cost and through Nordic as well when its time to renew.

Try calling TD again, I find that you need to try a few times before you find an agent that's helpful (that's part of the reason I left them)
Ian
Old bike--> 2001 CR250
New Ride--> 2015 KTM 200 XCW

LilMel17
User
User

Post by LilMel17 »

ok!! So here's an update! Finally got Dirtbike Insurance for the KTM. Called State Farm and got a quote for $450...Called Cooperators-they don't do stand alone policies. TD- have to have a class 6. Nordic quoted me about $450 as well. Blue Circle and Home for chrome also need a class 6 AND most other places i called don't do stand a lone. Peace Hills General was $500...So today i called a different State Farm and got a quote of $162...

I went to state farm and got Liability/theft for $162..So i guess its who you talk too.

Hopefully this helps..

Thanks
Mel

Kick it, Flip it, Dust it off and do it again, Moto... this is what smiles are made of!
Live, love, Ride