bike setup help

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
markrmark
User
User

bike setup help

Post by markrmark »

Hi guys,

I just got this brand new ktm 2012 250 xcw. Took it out for an awesome day riding at wild rose. What a beast!!

So I crashed a little & broke my clutch lever. Got a new one, replaced it but now the clutch doesn't work. I pull the clutch lever and put it in gear but the bike lurches and dies. Its like the clutch isn't disengaging.

It's a hydraulic clutch. I didn't open the hydraulics, just replaced the lever which presses the rubber knob. It's clearly pressing the knob... not sure what's up there.

Need to install some bark busters, rad guard too...

Can anyone help ?

looking forward to guided rides!!!

Mark

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: bike setup help

Post by giantjoe »

I don't have a hydro clutch so I can't help there. As for stuff to get, bark busters (wrap around metal style) are a must as are rad guards. Do not go on the trails without those two things for sure.
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

There is a long actuator with a spring around it that goes between the clutch lever and the hydraulic cylinder actuator. Did you get that in there?

markrmark
User
User

Post by markrmark »

Long actuator with spring... yeah it kind of flew out when I took it apart. I put it in a pocket on the lever but not the main one where the black adjustable pocket meets the rubber hydraulic actuator. So the long actuator with spring actually goes in the space between the main actuator and the pocket? Does the spring side meet the hydraulic actuator or does the long black actuator side meet the hydraulic actuator?

thanks for your help dirtyboy & giantjoe

markrmark
User
User

Post by markrmark »

I think the small black pin with the spring around it is actually the return spring... ? I put it in the second pocket which is on the other side of the lever... not where the larger adjustable black pocket is. As I understand it ( may be wrong ) the main actuator sits against the black pocket directly...

Don't know why but this is not working... bike ran perfectly last week... did nothing else except change lever & install headlight.

Hmmmmm