NEW DUAL SPORT RIDER

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
RUSH1

NEW DUAL SPORT RIDER

Post by RUSH1 »

Hi, my name is Derek just picked up a KLR650 after 20 years of street riding (last bike a ZX-14). I just want to check out some easier trails in the Mclean area to see a little more than just pavement. Is there a guided ride that would suit this bigger type of dual sport, or does anyone have a recommendation for some newbie trails? I rode motocross bikes on the farm for 15 years and have ridden on the street for the last 20.

thanks
Derek

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: NEW DUAL SPORT RIDER

Post by giantjoe »

Woo. A KLR is awful big for some of the stuff at McLean. I ride a DR-Z400 and it's a pretty nasty haul sometimes. Have you checked out the ADSMC? They ride on Thursday nights. They might be more of your bag than the guys around here. :cheers:
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

malcolmzilla
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by malcolmzilla »

You can rock the Killer on any truck trail or lease road easy enough. Check SRD or join RMDRA for a map. Some real dirt tires will go a long ways too.

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

giantjoe wrote:.....Have you checked out the ADSMC? They ride on Thursday nights. They might be more of your bag than the guys around here. :cheers:
Wow, those guy's are crazy on their dual sports...I thought you were one of a kind GiantJoe. Apparently not :eek:

Great, now I want a dual sport too....thanks. :D
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

Hendrix13 wrote:
giantjoe wrote:.....Have you checked out the ADSMC? They ride on Thursday nights. They might be more of your bag than the guys around here. :cheers:
Wow, those guy's are crazy on their dual sports...I thought you were one of a kind GiantJoe. Apparently not :eek:

Great, now I want a dual sport too....thanks. :D

Welcome!

Dual sports are amazingly fun. I have so much fun on my XRR, not to mention when I can keep up with my dirt bike buddies on a 350lb bike with monster power. :smirk:

If you are thinking trails are becoming a bit too easy, or looking for some new challenges, riding a bigger, or different bike really changes the game. I enjoy it a lot. Not to mention the freedom to explore! We're doing 1000km's of trail and dirt roads this weekend. Getting way out there, away from people and on top of mountains.
03 Honda XR650R Dualsported