New guy here

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
Roach
Contributor
Contributor

New guy here

Post by Roach »

Hello everyone, I just picked my first dirt bike. 06 YZ250F. I've been riding street for a while now and find it a bit boring and looking forward to the challenges of the dirt. Planning on doing both track and mountains. An advice on anything and everything is appreciated!

Ryan

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Welcome Ryan.

There is a Jetting kit in the Classified that will make your jetting easier and the power better. It certainly worked for me.

There are usually a lot users here willing to share information so ask the questions and I'm sure you'll get answers.

Congrats on the YZF. It's a great bike. :thumbsup:

Novo
Writer
Writer

Post by Novo »

Thanks for joining RMDRA Ryan,

Browse the forum for suspension and lots of other important tips for setting your bike up for riding in the back country.
It can make a huge difference to your learning curve, take your time and join in on the group rides. :banana:

:cheers:

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

I might as well welcome you too Ryan!!

so... Welcome!

Now lets get the YZF dirty.
03 Honda XR650R Dualsported

~Pussykat~
Writer
Writer

Post by ~Pussykat~ »

Welcome Ryan! ;) Glad to see another pilot is taking up dirt bikes, we'll get out and get dirty sometime as promised!!!
*Samm* aka The wife
2006 Honda CRF230
1999 Suzuki DR650
Ladies A

Roach
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Roach »

thanks alot guys. I hope I don't ask too many stupid questions :P

Look forward to getting out there and doing some riding with you guys!

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Hey Ryan - congrats on the new ride. The blue guys will be happy you've added to their (dwindling) population!

Apparently Samm knows ya from the Ground Pilots - Samm are you a Vixen too?

Cheers bud - maybe I'll get to roost ya this year! :cheers:
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

~Pussykat~
Writer
Writer

Post by ~Pussykat~ »

crazy2wheeler wrote:Hey Ryan - congrats on the new ride. The blue guys will be happy you've added to their (dwindling) population!

Apparently Samm knows ya from the Ground Pilots - Samm are you a Vixen too?

Cheers bud - maybe I'll get to roost ya this year! :cheers:

Yep I have ridden with CGP for about 3-4 years and the same with the Vixens too! I don't have a sport bike now but at least I now have a dual sport so will catch up with some of the rides! Spent most of 2005 on a dirt bike!

S :banana:
*Samm* aka The wife
2006 Honda CRF230
1999 Suzuki DR650
Ladies A

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Huh - how bout that Samm - I have an ex-girlfriend who's really active with the Vixens (Lisa), and I've been to a few parties full of the GPs as well - who knows, maybe I've met ya at some point in time...

~Pussykat~
Writer
Writer

Post by ~Pussykat~ »

crazy2wheeler wrote:Huh - how bout that Samm - I have an ex-girlfriend who's really active with the Vixens (Lisa), and I've been to a few parties full of the GPs as well - who knows, maybe I've met ya at some point in time...

Yep I know Lisa (RRC)! ! I have frequented a few GP parties but getting too old for that now! I think we may have met already at a race or something (I am married to Andy on the 300EXC)????? If not I am sure we will meet someday! :) Do you go on GP too?
*Samm* aka The wife
2006 Honda CRF230
1999 Suzuki DR650
Ladies A

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Hey Samm - haven't been on the GP site - been a few years since I had a sport bike. The was one ride I did at which I met Any tho - I was observing his skills to make his own trail through the trees (faster than I could follow the existing trail!)

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Welcome Roach. Don't worry about that blue bike, we'll have you converted to orange within a season or two :easter:

stubble_jumper16
Journalist
Journalist

Post by stubble_jumper16 »

Welcome to the Forum. Did you get the Yellow anniversary edition '06,or the now traditional blue YZF?

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

Dobi wrote:Welcome Roach. Don't worry about that blue bike, we'll have you converted to orange within a season or two :easter:
We'll see about that. . . ... haha..

Actually I shouldn't be sticking up for KTM or Yamaha, they are both majorities here. I even own one right now till spring...

I must admit though, I rode this RM this past weekend and had zero complaints. For the trail it will probably be different as its not set up for that, but for the track, i think the magazines covered it very well by saying it was (in their minds) the best MX-250.
03 Honda XR650R Dualsported

Roach
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Roach »

hahahah thanks guys. I didn't get the LE yellow one, just stuck with the blue. couldn't justify the extra $200 just for colour. I would have like a KTM but they're a bit pricey and with this being my first bike I thoght it might be better for me to start with something that wasn't so fast right ;)