New member from the prairies

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
z1kaw

New member from the prairies

Post by z1kaw »

Hi: I really enjoy your site. I must admit to having mountain envy sometimes, but you can have great rides anywhere. I am working on a video project about racing in Manitoba and I came across some photos that were posted on the site. They were of flat track racing. I would like to hear from anyone who has pictures/movies and stories about racing in Manitoba. The scope of the project is the past 100 years. Thera are two reasons for this: #1 The Manitoba Motorcycle Club was incorporated in 1911, #2 a speed record was set here in 1911 on an Indian Motorcycle. Any information or leads will be greatly appreciated.

Alf Kollinger

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Re: New member from the prairies

Post by markvfr »

z1kaw wrote:Hi: I really enjoy your site. I must admit to having mountain envy sometimes, but you can have great rides anywhere. I am working on a video project about racing in Manitoba and I came across some photos that were posted on the site. They were of flat track racing. I would like to hear from anyone who has pictures/movies and stories about racing in Manitoba. The scope of the project is the past 100 years. Thera are two reasons for this: #1 The Manitoba Motorcycle Club was incorporated in 1911, #2 a speed record was set here in 1911 on an Indian Motorcycle. Any information or leads will be greatly appreciated.

Alf Kollinger
Welcome to the site and I'm sure Cladoo will chime in with all the Manitoba good 'ole days stories and pictures. At least I hope he does. :thumbsup:

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

I am glad you found our club site Alf! I would love to add to your project. Contact me anytime. I would like to create a web site just for Manitoba Motorcycle racing. There are a few guys from MB in the club but most are younger than you and me. Brenan225's Dad used to race flat track in MB, he might have some info. If you ever want to experience the trails out here, you are welcome to come and I'll take you out. I have a group of guys that come from MB every year.
FYI Club members: Alf started racing back in the early '70's, before I did. He has done a lot of racing, MX, Trials, Road Racing. Anyone who is on Facebook can join the Manitoba Motorcycle Racing group and peruse all the pics, there are over 1200 of them!
Claude
Claude

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

Post by DirtGirl »

contact Doug from DirtTV...
lisadoug@telus.net