Gotta get rid of "Lurker" status

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
zerorep

Gotta get rid of "Lurker" status

Post by zerorep »

How y'all doing. Just joined up and want to say it's good to be back and see that the club is going strong. My wife Kim and I were members back in 2004 but moved away for a bit. Anyway looking forward to riding and showing off the electric stuff to any of you who are interested. Please let me know if anyone wants to go for a ride after the snow is off.

Cheers,

Vic.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Gotta get rid of "Lurker" status

Post by dirtyboy »

Zerorep, thanks for posting. How is the electric bike for riding in places like Fish Creek Park? Urban riding?

Moved to Introductions....

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

Welcome back Vic. Nice meeting you at the show on Saturday. We for sure got to set up the demo ride of your E bike in the spring. Looking forward to it.

:thumbsup:

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by giantjoe »

I am insanely anticipating riding an electric. There was one at the show, and I actually picked the whole bike up. If the run times were nearing 3 hours in the bush, I wouldn't even consider a ICE bike.
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

clamacious
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by clamacious »

Some folks might have seen this already: electric vs. gasoline dualsport shoot out in Motorcycle.com. At this stage of development, the batteries are still the weak link. They discharge really fast when you are wfo. The street bikes have very little range when ridden like a normal motorcycle.

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/du ... 90243.html

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

zerorep wrote:How y'all doing. Just joined up and want to say it's good to be back and see that the club is going strong. My wife Kim and I were members back in 2004 but moved away for a bit. Anyway looking forward to riding and showing off the electric stuff to any of you who are interested. Please let me know if anyone wants to go for a ride after the snow is off.

Cheers,

Vic.
Hi Vic. Glad to see you on the forum.
I'm sure there are lots of us that would like to see the Zero for a few guided rides this summer :thumbsup:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

clamacious
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by clamacious »

Hmmm. Just looked at my earlier post and it kinda looks like I was dissin' the electric bike. That wasn't my intention. I'd definitely be among those interested in sampling one off road.

I think the infinite torque from zero "throttle" could be a pretty unique experience vs. conventional machines. It seems I have trouble conjuring up enough when I need it. :blush:

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

clamacious wrote:Hmmm. Just looked at my earlier post and it kinda looks like I was dissin' the electric bike. That wasn't my intention.
Nah, I dont think it came across as dissin the bike...seemed to me you just pointed out the potential downside which is fact. These bikes look very promising, but the battery is the weak link for sure. Make a battery that will power one of these bikes up mountain trails for 8 hours.... :eek: now that would be something.

:cheers:

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by giantjoe »

MotorEd wrote:Make a battery that will power one of these bikes up mountain trails for 8 hours.... :eek:
you saying you could ride for 8 hours straight?

MotorEd=superhero
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

giantjoe wrote:
MotorEd wrote:Make a battery that will power one of these bikes up mountain trails for 8 hours.... :eek:

MotorEd=superhero
:D Talk about misinterpretation :smirk: MotorEd does not = superhero, MotorEd = beer drinkin loaf :thumbsup: Ha, there is no way I could ride for 8 hours straight, but I wouldnt take an electric bike on one of our boys weekend rides unless it would last 8 hours...I have been known to get lost :lol:

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

MotorEd wrote:
giantjoe wrote:

MotorEd=superhero
:D Talk about misinterpretation :smirk: MotorEd does not = superhero, MotorEd = beer drinkin loaf :thumbsup: Ha, there is no way I could ride for 8 hours straight, but I wouldnt take an electric bike on one of our boys weekend rides unless it would last 8 hours...I have been known to get lost :lol:

I asked Vic about recharge time, and its around 2 hours for full charge. So, come back to camp, hook up the scoot to the generator, have lunch and a breather, head out for another 2-3 hours with a 80% top up. I like that.

zerorep

Post by zerorep »

While in camp, check your map! LOL. Battery technology is changing fast. I'm pretty pumped to see what the evil scientists come up with in the next few years.
See ya on the trail.

zerorep

Post by zerorep »

Hey dirtyboy - to answer your question - they are super fun on the technical tight stuff. A big boar gas bike rules on the fast fire roads. The E stuff does pretty fine in the more sensitive areas here in the city too.

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

zerorep wrote:While in camp, check your map! LOL. Battery technology is changing fast. I'm pretty pumped to see what the evil scientists come up with in the next few years.
See ya on the trail.
Roger that on both accounts :thumbsup: I am actually really excited about these bikes and the fact batteries are advancing so quickly. Not sure what we will see first, an electric bike that you can ride all day without charging or a FI 2 stroke bush bike? :thinking:

Congrats on getting rid of the Luker status :D

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

I rode a earlier model Zero and I was told it would eat a 250F MX bike off the line, I didn't believe it. Went for a little warm up ride then did a start.....yep, would eat any 250F off the line - I was shocked to say the least. :crazy: