Gotta get rid of "Lurker" status

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Gotta get rid of "Lurker" status

Post by Dakota_c69 »

I don't know for sure, but my guess would be the Zero would be classified as a motor vehicle and therefore have the same restrictions as OHVs.

Glenn.

zerorep

Post by zerorep »

I've asked some cops about their opinions on the legality of the bikes. They all seem a little fuzzy on the issue. I have started talks with COP about creating a uni-directional trail system for electric off road. We'll see where it goes. In California and Europe, you can ride the things legally on bike paths as long as you run the "trail" rubber hence the new trail tires on the 2011 X models you can see online. I know I do a little riding along the bow river where I could never try to go with my Aprilia, but I'm sure if someone took exception to it, I could see a little trouble (if they can catch me).

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

zerorep wrote:I could see a little trouble (if they can catch me).
Yes, if they catch you... :-)

Glenn.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

zerorep wrote:I've asked some cops about their opinions on the legality of the bikes. They all seem a little fuzzy on the issue. I have started talks with COP about creating a uni-directional trail system for electric off road. We'll see where it goes. In California and Europe, you can ride the things legally on bike paths as long as you run the "trail" rubber hence the new trail tires on the 2011 X models you can see online. I know I do a little riding along the bow river where I could never try to go with my Aprilia, but I'm sure if someone took exception to it, I could see a little trouble (if they can catch me).
Us dirt bikers have a bad enough public image, I don't think it is in our best interest to be blasting up and down the bike paths along the bow river on a bike that looks like,acts like, and is marketed to be as good as a real dirt bike.

and FYI, there is one or more members of Calgary's finest that contributes to this forum..... (I wonder what a taser would do to the electronics on a bike.... :thinking: )