Hey guys and gals

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
srpiasta
Writer
Writer

Hey guys and gals

Post by srpiasta »

Hey guy new to here just wanted to see what it's all about. We live near High river and have a 10 acre track at our house. I my wife and both kids ride(9 and 5 both boys) and we love it.

I have alot of friends riding also. I just started a year ago and what a rush I love it. What we want to know is where is places like Riveres revenge, porkeys, livingstone and places like that. We ride Indian Graves, Mclean, Rolling hills by brooks but always looking for other places to ride. Love the track riding but really taking a liking to te trails( Well if you can call it a trail sometimes.
0 Hope you can help me out

Rob

greenmachine
User
User

Post by greenmachine »

I mostly ride the graves, but i'm sure other people will chime in about the other places you mentioned about. I just wanted to welcome you and your riding family to the site, it's good to see some more people from the High River area !

Any time you wanna share the track at your acerage let me know ! :banana:

Dan :canada:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Welcome srpiasta,

Porkys is right near you. South on the #2 to the Head Smashed in Buffalo jump turn off, keep going past the exibit. Turn right after the big hill (Beaver Creek Rd.), and follow that road in to the provincial forest. There is a rough campground with a sign (BeaverCreek Campground).

Ride on both sides of the road. The best way to learn the area is get a tour with someone who knows it or go to the race on the May long weekend.

:cheers:

Novo
Writer
Writer

Post by Novo »

Great to see a growing membership from south of the Big C!

Looking forward to opportunities to ride with you & the family in the spring. Our son is also 9 and enjoying the back country riding experience.

By the way, how do you pronounce srpiasta ? Is their a good story behind the name?

:cheers:

~Pussykat~
Writer
Writer

Post by ~Pussykat~ »

Welcome Rob! :cheers:
*Samm* aka The wife
2006 Honda CRF230
1999 Suzuki DR650
Ladies A

srpiasta
Writer
Writer

Post by srpiasta »

hey guys

Well thanks alot for welcome

srpiasta is Shauna(Wife) Rob(Me) Piasta
Shauna wants to call us mxmommy but I don't know.

Wells heres the scoop on us, We ride as much as possibile weather it be -30 or +30. Well me and my friends at -30

Want to get introduced to the harescramble scene and XC scene this year wondering how to set bike up for mountians. I was thinking 53 rear tooth, but dont really know tire selection, or things like that. What do you pack in your bag for riding. We have gone out last year with no tools or anything and just lucked out no problems but this year no chances.

As for riding my track greenmachine, or anybody else it's not the greatest but it's somewhat challenging. Anybody can ride it but you can still jump and such. Let me know more about you guys and well try to set a weekend up for us to get together. Hope you don't mind signing the waiver (Just because of a previous incident)

Sorry for talking to long

Rob
99 RM 250 (For sale)
2000 YZ 80 (Wife's, just started riding)
2003 KX 65 (9 Year old son)
2006 off make of a KTM 50 2stroke(5 Year old son)
10 acre private custom built motocross track built by some friends and me
OH YA, AND REAL GOOD LOCKS AND CHAINS SO DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

Welcome Rob and Shauna! What sprockets are you running now? Most riders are running a 13/52 combo. As far as tires go you should do a search on this forum and you will find many opinions. I run Maxxis, IT on the back because it wears like iron and SI on the front. Some riders carry lots of tools, if you're lucky ( like I was once this year) somebody you are riding with has what you need. I have a fanny bag with a few tools, tire irons,spark plug, wrenches, tire patch kit, ty-raps, snack etc.. I need to look at streamlining it a little better. Our racing series is a great time and you probably would enjoy it. There are Ladies classes too Shauna, so don't be scared to come out.

Claude
Claude

Richters Riders
User
User

Riding in the back country

Post by Richters Riders »

Hi Dan, we are from Claresholm and ride a fair bit just west of home in the Trout Creek area. It has a great spot to camp and you can be gone all day on all of the paths. Things have changed drastically in some areas after the floods, but what it did was make some really tame areas much more technical. Give us an email once spring hits and we'll make a day of it if you guys want to come out.

redrider
Writer
Writer

Welcome

Post by redrider »

Nice to have you as members srpiasta.

I ride Mclean mostly, doing some summer holiday riding in Salmon Arm BC. I did get to Porky's this year in the fall and could not believe the view. Wow is all you can say!

I hope to get to a few other popular ares this year that the gang talks about here at RMDRA.

Hope to see ya soon.
RedRider (Brad B.)
2014 Husqvarna TE300

**You never fail until you stop trying**