Hi all y'alls

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
singletrack
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Hi all y'alls

Post by singletrack »

Hi all,

Just got back from my very first ride, ever! Just picked up a '05 Honda CRF250X a week ago and took it to WildRose MX park for a 'first time ever' spin tonight.

Thanks to bikingagain :cheers: for all the incredible help!

What was it like? Wow! I'm coming from a mountain biking background so some things were somewhat familiar but so much was like drinking from a firehouse. learning wise. Being on the track with guys 20 times faster whizzing past, literally 'flying' past me, roosting me left and right (those chest protectors are awesome) was an alarming/respect/amazement/ :crazy: feeling. The bike did indeed prove to be tough, seeing as I had some crazy falls banging the bike up (I thought) but the bike seems to be doing great. Speed was awesome! Corners were fun and challenging. Jumps were more like bumps for me (because I sloooowed right down), didn't have any clue on those. I'm amazed how much power this bike has (for me) and how much more skill I'll need to harness it.

I got the X to go trail riding so I'm looking forward to joining and getting out with the club. I might be able to make it out for Thursday's meeting and say hi in person.
Last edited by singletrack on Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Re: Hi all y'alls

Post by MotorEd »

Welcome!

Your mtn bike back ground will serve you well. The track can be a hairy place :crazy: I bet you will find riding out in the bush more to your liking :thumbsup: Love the analogy of drinking from a fire hose :smirk: so true! I remember my first ride...its an addiction now.

Come on out to the meeting and chat some fellow addicts :D

:cheers:
Last edited by MotorEd on Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Hi all y'alls

Post by Dobi »

welcome aboard. Hope to see you at the meeting on Thursday.