HELLO

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
FOLKAUTO

HELLO

Post by FOLKAUTO »

Hi everyone,my name is Dean and i haven't ridden a bike few a few years (at least) .I bought Spinalguys 01 KTM 300EXC.I had the pleasure of meeting Trudy from here about a month ago. I wrote an article on her for Vex magazine about her ice racing. it will be out early jan.i also mentioned this website. anyway it's nice to be here and i hope to see you out on the trails this year.
Deano

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Welcome Deano,
a very friendly bunch here but not very chatty. Rides planned, ride reports filed and tech info is the most traffic. Its a great local group with lots of experience and always willing to help.
See ya on the trails.
Tom
:cheers:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Welcome Dean. Hope to see you around here and on the trails.

Perhaps you tell us a bit about your name, FOLKAUTO.

chucker
Journalist
Journalist

Post by chucker »

I had the pleasure of seeing Dean jump his truck over some cars at the saddledome years ago, If you ride like you drive GOD HELP US ALL!!!! :D

I can't wait till next season... :cheers:
Speed kills. Live forever. Ride a Yamaha.

2007 KTM 450 exc
2003 V-Strom 1000
1977 Yamaha XT 500
1973 Honda Z50

stubble_jumper16
Journalist
Journalist

Post by stubble_jumper16 »

Welcome to the forum Dean. You bought a good bike. Tom was really starting to fly on it!

FOLKAUTO

Post by FOLKAUTO »

Thanks guys.My name is the same name as my auto repair shop Folk Automotive. Like chucker said i'm into the 4x4 racing thing quite a bit but miss my roots of dirtbiking. if anyone ever needs anything car or truck related just let me know and i'll do my best to help you out. my # is 862-0632 Dean . :cheers:

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

Hi Dean,

Welcome to the forum. Good to see some more riders coming back to the sport. I warn you to be careful on that bike you brought...it seems Tom, His Bike and Gravity had a really good relationship. Never could understand how they could all get together and do downhills SOOO fast!

Glenn.
_______
Glenn.
2024 KTM 300 XC-W
2018 KTM 250 XC
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

You do have some big shoes to fill on the EXC of Tom's but with all the riding this group gets in you should be up to speed in no time. Welcom

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Thanks for the kind words.
Tom
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

rooster
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by rooster »

I see an awful lot of people posting on this website that are not members. We need your support to keep the website,racing and riding going,riding areas open etc...Is there a reason you guys have not joined yet?? :excuse:
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY HOURS YOU PUT IN. IT MATTERS WHAT YOU PUT IN THE HOURS!!!

FOLKAUTO

Post by FOLKAUTO »

Well rooster,i just got a bike 2 weeks ago and before i join any club i like to find out what it's all about. I am a member of 4 different off road clubs right now.That being said i have been a supporting member of the AURS since day 1 when i was a member of the original committee.my shop has sponsored every clean up day at Mcleans and Wiopourus since it's inception.I was unaware that i had to join the RMDR right away to use this site.I will not use this site untill that time if thats what you want.just let me know.
Dean

Birdman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Birdman »

rooster wrote:I see an awful lot of people posting on this website that are not members. We need your support to keep the website,racing and riding going,riding areas open etc...Is there a reason you guys have not joined yet?? :excuse:
Honestly until the RMDRA members forum was created I had no idea that there was a paid membership. I found this page from a websearch that linked me directly to the forum, there really is no mention of paid membership or a link to form or anything from the forum. Until that time I assumed a member was someone who was registered on the forum. :bonk: And yes I plan to attend the next AGM, and pay my membership. So long story short, there should be a noticeable link at the top of the page, maybe a banner ad, or even a sticky in each forum. I suspect some of the newer guys may no nothing about it.

Back to 4 wheels
Raptor 700R SE

rooster
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by rooster »

You do not have to join to use the site.As the pres of our club I am trying to encourage memberships!!
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY HOURS YOU PUT IN. IT MATTERS WHAT YOU PUT IN THE HOURS!!!

buggo
Writer
Writer

Post by buggo »

Is there a reason you guys have not joined yet??
Procrastination! Poor excuse, but No other reason, this is a great site and obviously a dedicated bunch of people.
I will be at the next metting, membership in hand!
Paul B.
08 250 XC We
Kona
Specialized Enduro Pro

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Feel free to use the forum even if you are not a member. No membership required for the forum usage. :cheers: If you like the forum and web pages, tell your friends. If you don't like them, tell me so I can improve them.

I have a link to the membership page on the web pages but it isn't on all of the forum pages. I guess I'll have to get that on our forum soon or at least have an RMDRA banner ad. Thanks for the suggestion.

In case you want to join the club, it can be done online from our membership page.