Family Man is new to the area!

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
TXRED
User
User

Family Man is new to the area!

Post by TXRED »

Hello Ladies and gentelmen,

I am the Father of two eager daughters( ages 8 & 11) learning to ride. I was a dirt biker as a child and rode through Alaska last year on a 650. We currently have a 50cc and soon 70cc bike for the little ladies to toss around. I am looking for family freindly areas in and around Calgary for us to camp,ride and learn. Any help would be much appreciated..

Thank you

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Family Man is new to the area!

Post by dirtyboy »

Welcome !

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Start with McLean creek campground, they have an area for campers with motorized toys, and spread your wings from there. McLean is out past Bragg creek.
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

nakedride

Post by nakedride »

We are a family with kids too. We have spent some time up at Burnt Timber with friends and the kids. It is just northwest of Cremona. Where we camp has a couple of large open fields as well as lots of easier trails for the kids. We are fairly new to this and don't know much of the area for dirt biking so we are looking to expand our knowledge as well.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

welcome. so nice to see more families on here! :applause:

TXRED
User
User

Post by TXRED »

Thanks for the tip on Mclean. We went out and had a great time. Went friday and sunday. The girls loved it. I messed up and took them to the back on friday. I thought the trails would be good, but the mudd and rutts claimed the 50 and rider early. Then moved back out to the field and my oldest got the know her 70. She loves it. Sunday fathers day was even better they got to ride together for the first time. Truely a great fathers day..

Know daddy has to find a bike! yahooo :D

wildwest403

Post by wildwest403 »

I live right close to burnt timber(which is for the most part quad land) and there is a little bit of single track in there probably about 12-15 k worth. a lot of it is pretty easy stuff, good for small bikes and beginners.

TXRED
User
User

Post by TXRED »

thanks for the tip fallen last weekend was great,minus the rain. :thumbsup:
'07 300 XC