Hi Everybody!

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
Abeo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everybody!

Post by Abeo »

My name is Ian, I'm 29, and I ride a 2001 CR250 that I've made tolerable for the woods. I've been riding at Mclean for about 2 years, and hadn't ridden before then since I was 15 (and in Ontario, where its somewhat flatter). I'm pretty much a novice on the bike, I don't go crazy on it because I ride alone and I don't enjoy the thought of dragging myself out of the bush injured. I do enjoy working on the bike; I'm currently revalving a spare fork and I plan to do a shock next (the MX fork and shock beat me up on the trails). I think I've seen members from the forum on the trails, I usually park at Mclean near the fish east staging area, so if you see me stop by and say hi.
Attachments
DSC05762 (Medium).JPG

GasCan
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Hi Everybody!

Post by GasCan »

Hello Ian...a few years older than you at 44 but might be cool to hook up for a ride out there one day. I'll be out doing some of the Guided Rides on Wednesday nights throughout the summer as well as being campoed out for rides on the weekends. We're hitting Fallen Timber this weekend and hope to bag some miles out there. Shoot me a PM sometime when you're headed out riding and maybe we can meet up.

G.
2009 KTM 250 XC-W

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

see you out there. Pop by to a club meeting if you get a chance! :thumbsup:

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

Hi Ian, welcome to the site. You won't have any trouble finding someone to ride with. Just post when and where you're going and someone is sure to want to go along.
The voices are back. Awesome!

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

There's always the option of club rides. Wed nights (except b/f long weekends).

Requires membership ($40), but the money goes towards other great things.

Also, as stated, club meetings every first thursday of the month on.... 21st ave and 14th?

Additionally, don't ride by yourself. As you mentioned, that is asking for trouble. I've been around some bad injuries and in both cases it was unlikely either would have got out of the bush in the condition they were if it wasn't for additional help.
03 Honda XR650R Dualsported

Abeo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Abeo »

Hey

Thanks for the greeting. I got a chance to ride with Chevmack on sunday, we toured around for longer than I thought we would (in the snow and muck). I still have to post the pics.

As for the wed night rides, logistical problems leave me with about an hour of riding time before I'd have to pack it in... I can't make it work. Its gotta be the weekend for me :/ (otherwise, I'd love to)

Does the club have any hands-on riding workshops? I'd love to learn to use the clutch, my flywheel weight has made me lazy, and cracking the throttle doesn't always get the front end up when I need it (ie, log crossings)

Zook
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Zook »

Abeo wrote:. . . and cracking the throttle doesn't always get the front end up when I need it (ie, log crossings)
Just lean back and crack the throttle . . .
Welcome to the RMDRA. :D
Brendan Nagle
04 DRZ400e
Me and tools have an understanding: If I don't use them, they don't break my stuff.