Hello my name is knuckle,

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
knuckle
Writer
Writer

Hello my name is knuckle,

Post by knuckle »

Name is knuckle, I thump on a KTM 525 EX/C. Why a 525? easy, power masks a lack of skill, especially on big hills. I race occaisionally but now mostly weekend jaunts.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Welcome Knuckle,

There are a lot of KTM riders here so your not alone. I however ride ride a Yamaha WR250F because when I raced MX I learned that I never got to full throttle (just full wrist) :blush: Anyway, I decided to get a YZ250F after that and considered it a 175 size engine. My cornering entrance and exit speed was much higher with the 4 stroke and I've been on them ever since.

I don't MX anymore since I found HS 3 years ago. HS and XC is just too much fun and less dangerous for an old guy like me. :D :D Trail riding is excellent too.

Please accept my invitation to attend our next meeting.

The next RMDRA meeting will be held on Wednesday, February 2, 2005 at the Capital Hill Community Center, 1531 - 21st Ave NW at 7:00 pm. If you are interested in offroad riding, networking with other riders, protecting your riding areas, or hare scramble and cross country racing, you owe it to your self to attend. Please find the time to attend our meeting. We would love to meet you.

BRPCam
User
User

Post by BRPCam »

Welcome!

Say how do you like that beast? I've been wondering what it would be like compared to my XR. I know it won't have the raw power of my XR but I think it will deliver similar results with a more violent hit? and be a lot easier to manage in the goat trails etc. Also have a more slender profile instead of feeling like your on a street bike. I rode an LC4 640 enduro once and found it to be heavy and slower than my bike, the biggest concern was the vibration I felt. I don't suppose the 525 vibrates does it? When I win the lottery I'm considering buying a 525 EXC or MXC if they still make the mxc. I would like to have a pure dirt bike as my XR is dual sport now. I suppose you haven't ridden and XR as I haven't riden a 525???

Hey have you seen the KTM 710 BAJA freak!! It sounds insane! I want one :D
01 BRP (XR680R) cammed, 11:1, pro curcuit exaust with spark arrestor of course :) , Clarke 16.3l tank, 15/47 Ironman Sprokets