new to dirt biking

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
martinandalex

new to dirt biking

Post by martinandalex »

Hi everyone, new rider here who needs a bit of help getting himself and son started in the sport. looking forward to joining a guided tour at Mclean creek my son will be with me and he's just turned 14 so if there's any families out there who ride slowly give us a shout...martin and alex

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Re: new to dirt biking

Post by steve-o »

Martin and Alex,

Welcome to the forum! and hopefully soon the club! We have amonthly meeting every month and yes there are tonnes of family oriented riders in our mix.

Check the technical forum if you have any questions, you'll get tonnes of opinions there I'm sure.

:thumbsup:

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Welcome Martin good to chat with you the other nite, I'm not to tech savy but I think someone here has links to trail maps of McLean or they should be out soon, and I think there will be info about guided rides out soon.
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

rogue
Columnist
Columnist

Post by rogue »

Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:
" Life's a trail, Dig it ! "

absurveyor
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by absurveyor »

Hi Martin
My son is 15 and we would be happy to take you out for an easy McLean tour. I have some routes that my son learned on. Its amazing how fast the kids pick it up so don't be shy to challenge them. If you camp, our campouts are where the kids learn the most. lots of seat time with their buddies under Adult supervision.

This year a club membership is required to participate in the Wednesday night guided rides.
'If you can't be fast at least look cool"- Absurveyor circa 1992